Assistant Manager - Corporate Human Resource at STEER Engineering Private Limited
Views:7207 Applications:248 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
STEER Engineering - Manager/Sr Manager - Administration & Facilities (10-20 yrs)
Administration & Facilities Manager : Job description
Administration & Facilities managers are responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of an organisation. They ensure that an organisation has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
Facilities managers are involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. Likely areas of responsibility include:
- Procurement and contract management;
- Building and grounds maintenance;
- Catering and vending;
- Health and safety;
- Utilities and communications infrastructure;
- Space management.
Typical tasks include:
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors;
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling;
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation;
- Keeping staff safe;
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises;
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.