Assistant Manager - Corporate Human Resource at STEER Engineering Private Limited
Views:4815 Applications:95 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
STEER Engineering - Head - Quality Assurance (10-20 yrs)
The Quality Engineering Head is a hands-on functional leader who collaborates with Design & engineering, sales, manufacturing, and other functional groups to design, develop, implement, and manage quality management systems, processes and procedures to ensure compliance to requisite regulatory requirements and to drive lean, effective quality management systems through the entire product life cycle. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who thrives on a dynamic, fast-paced environment and being part of a highly-skilled technical team.
Manages the Quality Engineering staff and provides Quality Engineering support and direction in the implementation and administration of quality systems. Primary emphasis is providing oversight, support, and direction in Product Quality Management Systems for the manufacturing of parts, components & equipment assembly by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following (and. Other associated duties):
- Plans and manages activities concerned with Customer contracts as related to Product Quality Systems.
- Manages/develops and establishes inspection /Qualification procedures, quality plans, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans including packaging & dispatch..
- Conducts meetings with Quality Engineering staff to establish and review Quality programs
- Manages & Coordinates with Quality teams to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining Quality objectives.
- Works closely with Purchasing, Project Management, Design Engineering, Manufacturing and Inspection personnel on Product Quality issues related to various related quality compliance's.
- Manages /monitors & owns Material Review activities, failure analysis, and corrective/preventive action investigations.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of Quality and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Coordinates and works closely with suppliers and customers in relation to quality performance, trends, and corrective action.
- Perform in-house and external supplier audits and surveys to assure compliance to specified quality requirements.
- Attain and maintain current knowledge of state-of-the-art engineering techniques, measurement techniques procedures, instruments, and equipment.
- Support Manufacturing in generating, implementing, and maintaining Manufacturing Documentation including but not limited to work instructions,, flow diagrams, procedures, and manufacturing proposal documentation.
- Lead & manage the Quality Certification processes & Supplier audit program by the Customer.
- Participate in various process related measurement aspects such as TPM, TQM, Process capability studies,FMEA,MTBF etc.,
- Supervises, leads, guides, and trains Quality Engineering personnel in the performance of related work, ensuring that all work is within guidelines of processes, procedures, and customer specifications.
- Monitor, maintain & manage approvals of reporting team member's attendance, leave requests & other related HR policies .
- Carry out the company policies on HR policies.
- Inculcate the culture of discipline and adherence to set processes, procedures, guide lines & policies.
Education And Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics with 10 years- experience preferred.
- Ideal Candidate should have exposure to both high volume, high precision components manufacturing & machinery building in reputed companies.
- Must have exposure / understanding HMI, Hydraulics, pneumatics & related complexities.
- Certification in ISO auditing program is an added advantage.
- Should have had exposure to Customer audits, APQP,PPAP,FMEA,SPC Tools & Techniques,Root Cause Analysis & Reporting.
- Should have working knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality control techniques, procedures, instruments, and equipment.
Language Skills : The individual must be capable of preparing and presenting detailed reports and procedures to management, vendors and customers, thus a high level of competence in both written and spoken English is required. In addition Local language will be an advantage for effective management.
Computer Skills : The individual shall be capable of using various application software & prepare presentations & generate relevant reporting.
Other: Must be prepared to travel extensively in India & abroad on need base.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.