Manager - Recruitment at State Street
Views:3840 Applications:318 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
State Street - Assistant Vice President - Specialized Accounting (10-15 yrs)
About the company
State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading.Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. It is the 2nd United States bank on the list of oldest banks in continuous operation. State Street is ranked 14th on the list of largest banks in the United States by assets. It is one of the largest asset management companies in the world with US$2.8 trillion under management and US$34 trillion under custody and administration. State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You- ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
- Manage the preparation of monthly & adhoc accounting journal entries and reconciliations related to the Global Treasury Investment Portfolio
- Manage the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting activities related to the Global Treasury Investment Portfolio (Regulatory Reporting, SEC Reporting, & Internal Reporting)
- Coordinate the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual submissions to Regulatory Reporting & SEC Reporting groups
- Assist in the development of accounting conclusions and solutions for new products and transactions, or in response to system limitations
- Liaison with Global Accounting Policy on accounting issues
- Respond to requests for data along with questions from External Auditors and Teams outside the Global Accounting Operations group
- Participate and provide accounting guidance & operational solutions in various initiatives to expand Global Treasury products worldwide: includes systems testing and configuration changes to corporate financial systems, including Intrader and Oracle
- Participate in various initiatives to support the Global Treasury Balance Sheet Strategy, Intrader upgrades, and utilizing additional accounting functionality available within Intrader
- Work in a fast paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, CPA desirable
- Capital Markets Accounting Experience
- Familiar with US, IFRS, and German GAAPs applicable to Debt & Equity Securities
- Ability to interpret changes in Accounting/Regulatory & SEC Reporting guidance and apply changes to current processes
- Map accounting systems/offline processes to comply with accounting & reporting rules for new products, intercompany transfers, intent classification changes, and impaired securities
- Perform Financial Statement & Reporting variance analysis and explain drivers of change
- Design, implement, and modify controls as needed
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Oracle GL or other GL systems, and Microsoft office suite
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze data/problems and provide conclusion/solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage task in order to meet deliverables timely
- Ability to train, supervise and motivate others
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting/Auditing
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.