HR at StateStreet
Views:4416 Applications:257 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
State Street - Technical Specialist - Investment Research (3-8 yrs)
Title : Technical Specialist
Domain : Investment Research
Location : Bangalore, India
Work Hours : Monday - Friday, Any 9 hours between 11:00am to 10:00 pm IST (Should be flexible to work in any shifts and urgent situations outside these hours).
Job description :
- This role will be part of our Babel Investment Research Project at State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), working in our Development team. Our team provides support, analysis and development for the Data Loaders, Investment Model Setup for Investment Research teams at SSGA.
Key responsibilities :
- As a member of the research IT team, the candidate will utilize prior work experience in both the investment and technical domains to provide solutions to our end users. On a day to day basis, the job may entail working as a team to resolve a production issue, working on an ongoing development, enhancement to our new/existing models, or interacting with our business partners to prioritize and gather requirements on future initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be :
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, time and relationship management skills.
- Very detail oriented with ability to work with both Developers and Business users.
- Create end to end infrastructure for data gathering, data cleaning, signal generation & portfolio implementation for the strategies.
- Participate in series of associated projects focused on application of Machine Learning techniques
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Technical & Domain areas (Equity, FICC, ESG).
- Able to take responsibility for informing managers of potential issues on a timely basis with strong and clear communication skills.
- Able to review existing processes/procedures and suggest improvements.
- Ability to adapt to agile methodologies, quick self-learner.
Essential Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree is a requirement; Computer Science or Information Technology, finance, econometrics or any other highly quantitative subject.
- Strong quantitative background, ideally in econometrics or stochastic calculus
- Good to have CFA, FRM Certifications.
- Experience in data structuring and processing, and in Data Quality analysis; familiarity with Factset, Bloomberg and other similar providers
- Experience to understand data for Equity, FICC, ESG
- Experience on R, Python, Matlab.
- Experience SQL Programming, Data Warehousing concepts, Shell scripting.
- Experience to write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, packages, functions and triggers and Strong in performance tuning and query optimization is Essential. Knowledge of Netezza, Oracle, Sybase is a must.
- Experiences working in a financial firm supporting investment applications.
- Should be an excellent communicator with no MTI influence, experience on communicating with global users (Both Written and Verbal), will be preferred.
Desired Aptitudes :
- Problem solving techniques - Assesses a series of solutions in order to choose the most appropriate for the given problem, revaluates the progress for the chosen solution over time.
- Self-motivated. Can work independently with minimal supervision
- The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.