HR at StateStreet
Views:3409 Applications:707 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
State Street - Team Lead - Private Investments (6-10 yrs)
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With approximately $3.5 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions, and styles. SSGA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston, MA. The Global Fiduciary Solutions (GFS) business, which includes private investments, has approximately $138 B of AUM at March 30, 2020 with a decades-long investment record.
Job Description :
The Private Investments Team is seeking to hire a team lead and senior analyst with investment experience in alternatives. As a key member of the team, this individual will lead team of analysts assisting in assessing new investment opportunities in limited partnership funds, co-investments, and directs, and help manage an existing portfolio of private equity and credit assets. More specifically, the team and analyst will support investment execution processes and portfolio management efforts post-closing.
Responsibilities and Expectations :
- Support the execution of investments in private equity and credit funds, co-investments, and directs by performing due diligence, financial analysis, and modeling
- Active over sight of the team and related projects. Help team grow in their intellectual, behavior and personality.
- Participate in LP annual meetings, management presentations, and other diligence sessions
- Monitor investment performance and conduct periodic valuation analyses
- Take a leadership role in ad hoc projects and market research
Position Requirements :
- Minimum 6 years of significant experience in private equity or private credit
- Experience mentoring or leading team of analysts is preferred
- MBA/Masters, CFA, or CPA
- Strong research skills incorporating qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Extensive knowledge of corporate finance and capital markets
- Highly proficient in financial statement analysis and financial modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with external parties
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple investment opportunities and projects
- Strong interest and intellectual curiosity in the private markets