HR at StateStreet
Views:5494 Applications:238 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
State Street - Senior Research Analyst/Team Leader - Investment Strategy & Research (8-10 yrs)
State Street Global Advisors, one of the world's largest institutional asset managers, is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation, a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors. Investment Strategy & Research (S&R) is the investment team of State Street Global Advisors that partner with clients globally to help solve their key issues related to portfolio construction, asset allocation and broader investment process. In addition, S&R team publishes thought leadership and leading market insights into most pressing investment challenges faced by clients.
Investment Strategy & Research team in Bangalore comes under the broader umbrella of Portfolio Strategy & Research which started its operations in India in March 2016 and now has nearly 40 strong investment professionals focusing on various asset classes and investment functions. The team maintains its presence globally including Boston, London, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Ireland and India. The role offered will be based out of Bangalore, India office.
A broader overview of the firm and its activities can be gained from https://www.ssga.com/
Senior Research Analyst & Team Leader- SSGA Investment Strategy & Research
- Lead research and portfolio analytics projects locally to support development of bespoke solutions, publish market insights and independent research
- Represent the team's research both internally and externally
- Collaborate effectively across global teams to deliver key projects with high performance outcomes
- Active over sight of the team and related projects. Help team grow in their intellectual, behavior and personality.
- Ensure effective stakeholder management and integration with global teams.
- Master's Degree in finance, econometrics, science or another highly quantitative subject
- Understanding of investment analysis and investment process, investment styles such as value/growth investing, factor investing etc.
- Familiarity with Institutional Investment Practices and Buy Side Portfolio Management concepts
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Preference to :
- 8-10 years of experience in the investment management industry
- Familiarity with investment research and data vendors (e.g., Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, BarraOne, Axioma, Morningstar Direct and portfolio management systems)
- Proficiency with a statistical software package such as Matlab or R
- Experience of writing technical and research reports
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certifications- completed or in progress
- Self-driven and initiative led behavior
- Leadership experience