Recruitment Team at State Street
Views:2944 Applications:561 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
State Street - Senior Associate/Analyst - Investment Strategy - CFA (3-6 yrs)
State Street Global Advisors - Investment Team
Position : Investment Strategy Analyst, Senior Associate
The Company :
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With over $2 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. The firm's investment culture is built on experience and skill that each of its more than 440 investment professionals and over 2,350 employees around the world bring to every client relationship. SSgA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston, MA. SSGA is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Description :
The Investment Strategy Analyst position is a highly visible role within SSGA and its Investment organization. As a member of Global Product Research & Competitive Intelligence team, you will provide objective assessments of the commercial positioning of firm's product set globally. You will also support achieving our business goals by providing timely and accurate industry information, developing advanced analyses, and identifying threats and opportunities. In addition to collaborating with multiple business divisions within the firm on ad hoc requests, you will help prepare regular reports, including reports for the Global and Deputy Global Chief Investment Officers which detail the investment performance and marketability of SSGA's products versus our peers. You will also provide insights into key performance and risk drivers across multiple asset classes.
Some of the tasks you will be responsible for :
- Working with the Global Product and other Investment teams in understanding and monitoring all SSGA investment strategies through quantitative and qualitative tools,
- Analyzing performance, asset flows, and risk characteristics of our strategies versus peers.
- You will make informed observations about product positioning, strength, and weaknesses to broad audiences including senior management,
- Interacting with our internal clients globally to discuss projects and explain analyses,
- Contributing to strategic projects,
- Collaborating with other team members and representing our team in cross-functional projects,
- Continually advancing your knowledge in both data science and in investment management.
Desired skills :
- Strong analytical ability with experience or proven interest in data science,
- Intellectually curious and comfortable in an ever-changing environment that is subject to shifting priorities and workloads,
- Degree and/or professional designations in disciplines requiring quantitative prowess
- Minimum 3 years of investment management or financial services industry experience,
- CFA or progress towards CFA,
- Experience with one of the following - FactSet, eVestment, Morningstar Direct - and ability to learn the other systems fast,
- Knowledge of intermediate level statistics,
- Familiarity with R or Python for data science, and advanced skills in Excel (VBA not required),
- Fluency with Tableau or similar visualization software desirable - and will be required within 12 months of hire.