Talent Acquisition at State Street
Views:220 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
State Street - Quant Role - Fixed Income - Coding - Python (4-10 yrs)
"Quant role", "Fixed Income", "Coding", "Phyton"
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors with over $4 trillion in assets under management and a heritage dating back over two centuries. Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSGA makes continual investments in asset management and client servicing platforms, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation.
Position: SSGA is seeking an intermediate-level Quantitative Analyst for its Fixed Income Research team. The analyst will be a part of the team responsible for developing investment strategies, creating proprietary tools and solutions to improve investment decision-making process, engaging with various teams for thematic research and writing papers for publication. While the analyst will work in a collaborative environment, s/he is expected to make individual contributions and potentially lead a portion of research independently. As the team focus on delivering implementable solutions, the position may benefit from a level of market knowledge and attention to details. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of investment experience and demonstrated quantitative skills.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree (MBA, MA, or MS) or CFA is preferred
- At least 3 years of investment experience (either in research or portfolio management) is required, preferably with the focus on one of the following areas: active security-selection, smart beta/risk premia research (including ESG as factors), portfolio construction and optimization. Research experience can be in either an academic or industry setting.
- Strong quantitative and programming skills are required. Knowledge of statistical packages (preferably R or Python) and intermediate level SQL is required. Experience dealing with large data sets is preferred.
- Familiarity with front-office tools such as FactSet, Bloomberg, etc. is highly recommended.
- Good communications skills and strong process, organizational, time and project management skills are necessary.
- A desire to develop creative and innovative solutions is highly recommended