Recruitment Team at State Street
Views:25520 Applications:1839 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:271
State Street - Portfolio Strategy Specialist - SSGA (3-5 yrs)
State Street : Portfolio Strategy - Specialist (3-5 years)
Job Title : SSGA Portfolio Strategy Specialist
The Company :
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With over $2 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions, and styles. The firm 's investment culture is built on experience and skill that each of its more than 440 investment professionals and over 2,350 employees around the world bring to every client relationship. SSgA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston, MA. SSGA is an equal opportunity employee
Job Description :
The Portfolio Strategy Specialist is part of a team of investment professionals who have attained deep expertise in one or more asset classes at SSGA. The team acts as facilitators between the investment areas and the sales and client facing teams. The Portfolio Strategy Specialist provides standardized and custom information about strategies to both internal (sales, client service, etc.) and external groups. These communications typically take the form of client presentation materials, analysis of portfolios characteristics such as performance, and written commentary or RFP responses. Portfolio Strategy Specialists also play an active and important role in supporting the day to day activities of SSGA's Portfolio Strategists.
Portfolio Strategy Specialists are energetic and organized individuals who support SSGA's worldwide growth. Specific skills include the ability to :
- Serve as internal subject matter experts for designated asset classes.
- Work closely with the portfolio management team including the Portfolio Strategists and Specialists to understand the performance and positioning of the investment strategies.
- Work as a team player, supporting the goals of the entire investment group as well as SSGA as a whole.
- Source and analyze portfolio analytics such as portfolio positioning, performance attribution, and risk characteristics.
- Write commentary for strategies including periodic internal performance updates and client commentary.
- Assist in the update of strategy collateral including factsheets, cheat sheets, presentations, etc.
- Assist in developing of content and messaging of designated strategies and ensure consistency of presentation standards in all internal and external communications.
- Assist in the writing and review of RFI/RFP investment responses
- Analyze the competitive landscape.
- Assist in creating efficient processes, documenting the processes and reporting on results quarterly.
- Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of experience with investments and/or client engagement. Members of the team will possess high-end interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication capabilities. In addition, candidates should show passion for investment management and embrace teamwork.
- A bachelor's degree is required. Work toward or attainment of an advanced degree in business or finance and/or a CFA designation is a plus.
- Excellent quantitative skills are required, in particular, the ability to analyze and evaluate numerical data and present findings, as well as attention to detail.
- 3-5 years of experience with investments and/or client engagement.
- Familiarity with financial software (e.g. FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar/Ibbotson), along with developed quantitative skills.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, conscientiousness, ability to execute independently yet also maintain strong team orientation.