HR at StateStreet
Views:3815 Applications:865 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
State Street - Junior Research Analyst - Investment Strategy & Research (2-7 yrs)
Job Title: Investment Strategy & Research - Junior Research Analyst
- State Street Global Advisors, one of the world's largest institutional asset managers, is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation, a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors. Investment Strategy & Research (S&R) is the investment team of State Street Global Advisors that partner with clients globally to help solve their key issues related to portfolio construction, asset allocation and broader investment process. In addition, S&R team publishes thought leadership and leading market insights into most pressing investment challenges faced by clients.
- Investment Strategy & Research team in Bangalore comes under the broader umbrella of Portfolio Strategy & Research which started its operations in India in March 2016 and now has nearly 40 strong investment professionals focusing on various asset classes and investment functions. The team maintains its presence globally including Boston, London, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Ireland and India. The role offered will be based out of Bangalore, India office.
A broader overview of the firm and its activities can be gained from https://www.ssga.com/
Junior Research Analyst & Team Leader- SSGA Investment Strategy & Research
- Develop a quantitative understanding of passive, smart beta, enhanced and active strategies for equity and fixed income and an investment intuition around markets and macro
- Support senior researchers (and eventually lead) for projects on asset allocation strategies
- Analysis of existing SSGA strategies, portfolio risk and performance analysis, and custom client-driven reporting and analysis using proprietary and other tools
- Represent the team's research
- Participate in enhancing and developing investment/trading strategies
- Advanced degree in Finance/Economics/Math
- CFA designation a plus
- Two years + of professional/academic experience
- Strong quantitative modeling, analytical and programming skills (Python, R, SQL, Excel, VBA)
- Familiarity with financial software - (FactSet, Bloomberg, Ibbotson, Datastream)
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to execute independently yet also have strong team orientation
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.