Recruitment Team at State Street
Views:33671 Applications:1613 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:233
State Street - Junior Research Analyst - Investment Solutions Group (2-4 yrs)
Job Title : Investment Solutions Group - Junior Research Analyst
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors with over Dollar 2.6 trillion in assets under management and a heritage dating back over two centuries. Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSGA makes continual investments in asset management and client servicing platforms, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation. The Investment Solutions Group (ISG) is the investment team that develops and manages multi-asset strategies such as tactical asset allocation, strategic asset allocation and outcome-oriented strategies for SSGA.
Job Description- Junior Research Analyst
This Bangalore-based position will be a member of ISG's Research Team, which is responsible for conducting bespoke client research and exploring investment ideas that will drive the future of our multi-asset class business. The Analyst will be responsible for developing investment strategies and integrating the team's research solutions into client portfolios. The role will involve writing papers and commentary on our research as well as other forms of communication to express our team's investment views. As such, strong written and oral communication skills are critical.
Successful candidates will have experience in areas of Finance, Applied Mathematics, and Economics with a specialization in investment management. Candidates are expected to have experience in quantitative analysis:forecasting models, portfolio construction, risk management, and trading using a variety of advanced quantitative techniques. In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team and feel comfortable presenting research.
- Support (and eventually lead) research projects on multi-asset class strategies
- Represent the team's research
- Participate in enhancing and developing investment/trading strategies
- Model validation, maintenance and monitoring
- Delivery of portfolio analytics and investment analysis to clients, strategists, and portfolio managers
- Advanced degree in Finance/Economics/Math
- CFA designation a plus
- Two years of professional/academic experience
- Strong quantitative modeling, analytical and programming skills (Matlab, SQL, Excel, VBA)
- Familiarity with financial software (FactSet, Bloomberg, Ibbotson, Datastream)
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to execute independently yet also have strong team orientation