HR at StateStreet
Views:1780 Applications:289 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
State Street - ISG Data Curator - Investment Research Domain (5-8 yrs)
Title: ISG Data Curator - IT
Start date: TBD
Domain: Investment Research
Location: Bangalore, India
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, Any 9 hours between 11:00am to 10:00 pm IST (Must be flexible to extend as needed)
This role will be part of our Investment Research IT team at State Street Global Advisors (SSGA). Our team provides quality assurance on investment data, development, analysis and support in managing research data for various asset classes. IT team helps the core research team to maintain various proprietary research models, underlying data infrastructure and ensuring normal operations at SSGA. This is an Individual Contributor role overseeing the investment data quality assurance process for ISG research.
The Investment Solutions Group (ISG) is the investment team that develops and manages multi-asset strategies such as tactical asset allocation, strategic asset allocation and outcome-oriented strategies for SSGA. ISG Research team is responsible for developing and maintaining proprietary quantitative models and strategies supporting ISG's investment process.
- As a member of the this team, the candidate will utilize her/his prior work experience and subject matter expertise on investment data to oversee the quality control process, establish new quality checks /improve upon existing quality controls to enhance the accuracy of the data used and generated by the research models.
The analyst will be responsible for:
- Understand and improve current architecture of ISG data quality systems (inputs, output, general design, tests, dependencies, criteria for success, etc.)
- Understand financial instruments, basic financial engineering and data items associated with them.
- Improve (and in some case build) robust monitoring process around data and perform data investigations.
- Engage with vendors as per need basis and evaluate vendor data for asset information/market data coverage across various asset classes as per the requirements.
- Work independently on data issues using SQL, MS Excel and R.
- Coordinate and communicate across asset class specific data specialists, developers, Incident Management team, research teams locally/globally.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, time and relationship management skills.
- Very detail-oriented with ability to work with both Developers and Business users.
- Hands on work experience with investment data vendors such as Reuters(Refinitiv), MSCI or Factset etc.
- MBA in Finance with reputed industry experience in investment data domain or assisting investment research teams.
- Bachelors in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science / Information Technology with reputed industry experience in investment data domain or assisting investment research teams.
- 5 -8 years- work experience in investment data domain having an in-depth understanding of either Fixed income or Equity asset class data .
- Minimum 3+ years of experience fulfilling the responsibilities described above.
- Candidates pursuing CFA Level III/ CFA Chartered holder with investment data experience in assisting investment data applications or research team will have added advantage.
- Hands on experience in SQL Programming, basic database concepts.
- Good analytical skills, ability to build simple analytics in Excel and R (or similar platform) and study data patterns independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Preference on having a basic understanding of quantitative finance concepts.
Note: The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Below profiles will not be considered:
- This profile is not suitable for QA Lead or Manager engaged in software development projects.
- This profile is not suitable for generic business analysts engaged in software development projects.
- This profile is not a people managerial role.
- Candidates pursuing CFA or CFA chartered holders without demonstrated industry experience on investment data domain will not be considered.
- Prior work experience not related to either technical or functional requirements will not be considered as work experience.
- Prior work experience related to operations will not be considered suitable for this role.