HR at StateStreet
Views:2856 Applications:765 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:135
State Street - Investment Analyst - Hedge Fund Research - Global Fiduciary Solutions Team (3-10 yrs)
State Street - Investment Analyst - Hedge Fund Research
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries.
With approximately $3.1 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions, and styles. SSGA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston, MA. The Global Fiduciary Solutions (GFS) business, which includes private investments, has approximately $138 B of AUM at March 30, 2020 with a decades-long investment record.
Job Description :
The Global Fiduciary Solutions Team is seeking to hire an analyst with investment experience in Hedge Fund manager research. As a key member of the team, this individual will assist in assessing new investment opportunities across hedge fund investments, while working with the broader team on manager research, portfolio construction and investment strategy.
Responsibilities and Expectations :
- Support the hedge fund manager due diligence process from start to finish and assist with ongoing investment strategy monitoring.
- Engage with the manager research team, join calls with existing or prospective managers, provide strategy- and asset class- data and analysis, assist in compiling call notes.
- Assist in creation of materials for investment committee meetings and client presentations
- Monitor investment performance, portfolio construction, and strategy liquidity
- Monitor investment performance and provide analytics related to strategy and asset class performance
- Engage in ad hoc projects and market research
Position Requirements :
- Minimum 3 years of significant experience in manager research, investment management, investment banking and/or consulting
- MBA/Masters, CFA, or CPA preferred
- Strong research skills incorporating qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Extensive knowledge of corporate finance and capital markets
- Highly proficient in financial modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with external parties
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple investment opportunities and projects
- Strong interest in financial markets and intellectual curiosity