Recruitment Team at State Street
Views:9008 Applications:364 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:68
State Street - Intermediate Quantitative Analyst - Active Quantitative Equities (4-7 yrs)
Company : State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
Opportunity : Intermediate Quantitative Analyst, Active Quantitative Equities
State Street Global Advisors is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation and a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.6 trillion in assets. Active Quantitative Equities (AQE) team manages a range of model-driven strategies across various global equity markets over a broad risk spectrum. Quantitative research that combines innovative investment insights with rigorous statistical testing is an integral part of AQE's investment process. We are hiring an intermediate quantitative research analyst with exceptional skills and background. The successful candidate will take substantial responsibilities in improving our central database that powers all research/production activities in AQE, gaining significant exposure to all types of data used in quantitative investing. Responsibilities may expand over time, depending on the candidate's experiences and interests, to developing new investment signals and models and exploring novel data sources with various data science techniques.
Required skills and background :
- Great analytical skills with solid knowledge of statistics.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with attention to details.
- Excellent coding skills with experience in R, Python and/or SQL. Experience with distributed computing is a plus.
- Experience dealing with a large amount of structured/unstructured data. Familiarity with financial data is a plus.
- Advanced degree (MS/Ph.D.) in quantitative computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics or engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quantitative finance or data science.