Recruitment Team at State Street
Views:52755 Applications:2017 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:418
State Street - Fixed Income Junior Quantitative Analyst - Global Systematic Fixed Income (1-3 yrs)
Position Specification :
Company : State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
Opportunity : Junior Quantitative Analyst, Global Systematic Fixed Income
Location : Bangalore
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors with over $2 trillion in assets under management and a heritage dating back over two centuries. Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSGA makes continual investments in asset management and client servicing platforms, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation.
Position: SSGA is seeking a junior quantitative analyst for its Global Systematic Fixed Income team. This team is responsible for developing investible strategies and research on factor based or smart beta investing in fixed income. The analyst will be part of the team responsible for developing strategies, engaging in research, and considering implementation and execution issues related to implementing these strategies. The individual will also work on developing proprietary solutions, building custom solutions, and writing papers for publication.
- A Bachelors degree is required; advanced degree (MBA, MA, or MS) or CFA is a plus
- 1-2 years of investment experience is required, preferably with knowledge of factor research either through active quantitative research, smart beta/risk premia research. Factor research can be in either an academic or industry setting.
- Knowledge of factor research in either an academic or industry setting is a plus
- Familiarity with front office tools such as Factset, Bloomberg, risk platforms (e.g., Axioma, Barra, etc.) is a plus
- Strong quantitative skills. Matlab or SAS is highly recommended.
- Good communications skills and strong process, organizational, time and project management skills are necessary
- A desire to develop creative and innovative solutions is highly recommended