Recruitment Team at State Street
Views:13943 Applications:1523 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:122
State Street - Financial Analyst/Junior Quantitative Analyst - Global Equity Beta Solutions (1-5 yrs)
Position Specification :
Company : State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
Opportunity : Financial Analyst (if Work-ex < 2yrs), Junior Quantitative Analyst (Work-ex = 2-4years), Global Equity Beta Solutions
Location : Bangalore, India
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors with over $2 trillion in assets under management and a heritage dating back over two centuries. Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSGA makes continual investments in asset management and client servicing platforms, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation.
Position : SSGA is seeking a junior quantitative analyst for its Global Equity Beta Solutions research team. This team is responsible for thought leading research in Equity Indexing, including Smart Beta and Thematic Investing. The analyst will be part of the team responsible for analyzing indices, developing proprietary solutions, building custom solutions, and writing papers for publication. The role will focus on quantitative analysis and portfolio construction.
- A Bachelor's degree is required from Tier 1 Grad schools; advanced degree (MBA, MA, or MS) or CFA is a plus
- At least 1 year of investment experience is required, preferably with knowledge of factor research either through active quantitative research, smart beta/risk premia research. Factor research can be in either an academic or industry setting.
- Knowledge of factor research in either an academic or industry setting is a plus
- Familiarity with front office tools such as Factset, Bloomberg, risk platforms (e.g., Axioma, Barra, etc.) is a plus
- Strong quantitative skills. Matlab, Python or SAS is highly recommended.
- Good communications skills and strong process, organizational, time and project management skills are necessary.
- A desire to develop creative and innovative solutions is highly recommended.