HR at StateStreet
Views:6401 Applications:656 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:104
State Street - Equity Research Analyst (4-6 yrs)
Position Specification :
Company : State Street Global Advisors
Opportunity : Research Analyst, Active Fundamental Equities
Location : Bangalore
- State Street Global Advisors is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation and a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.9 trillion in assets. This position is in the Equity Research department assisting the Senior Equity Research analyst.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Under the supervision of the senior equity analyst, you will provide analytical support to formulate and recommend equity investments
- Run quantitative screens to identify companies that meet our investment criteria.
- Generate reports based on screen results highlighting key investment criteria using financial and company analysis.
- Build and maintain financial models and forecasts on a group of companies under coverage by the senior analyst.
- You will provide background analysis on company main product lines, industries, and competitive landscape.
- Prepare written updates on companies- earnings results.
- Update and maintain company earnings estimates and Confidence Quotients in research database.
- Work on special projects and other assignments at the request of the Senior Analyst.
Basic Requirements :
- MBA/Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance, CFA preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in an investment management organization preferably in equity research
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- You should be willing to travel to Stamford, CT at least once a year to get coaching from Senior Analyst and Director of Research.
Desired Characteristics :
- 2-4 years of investment experience, preferably in public equities
- Initiative to work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a high energy dynamic environment - strong entrepreneurial work ethic.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and accounting expertise including financial modeling, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis
- Passion for investing in companies and markets
- MBA/Masters, CFA, or CPA
- Strong research skills incorporating qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability to present the buy, sell, hold case for an individual stock using quantitative and qualitative analysis incorporating strong research skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Capacity for differentiated thinking, and ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive optimal investment decisions
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources to recommend/make decisions under uncertain circumstances.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and presentation; ability to effectively communicate strategic research to team members across all levels of the organization
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively - excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills that can develop/nurture external relationships
- Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural team members
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Ability to work in an environment where priorities may change frequently
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity