Recruitment Team at State Street
Views:6021 Applications:492 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
State Street - Assistant Vice President - Business Information Services (12-18 yrs)
Years of experience: 12+ Years
Skills: Functional Testing, testing & test case creating and execution, People Management & Stakeholder management.
STATE STREET CORPORATION :
Business Information Services, AVP
State Street Overview :
- State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.45 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2015, State
- Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 31,070 worldwide.
- With more than 31,070 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
- At State Street we give asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
- Service Delivery through Functional and Operational Leadership - Through a mix of direct and matrix leadership, coordinate multiple functional disciplines and operations service delivery for IMS in region including IBOR, Portfolio Services, Portfolio Control, Enterprise Business Solutions, Data Management, Data Governance, Performance Services and Client Reporting. Act as an extension of the client service team to provide a seamless and superior client service experience.
Operating Model :
- Develop and leverage knowledge of IMS, DataGX and State Street products to assist in delivery of operational and product solutions to clients. Drive operating model improvements through automation, process optimization, cross division collaboration, etc. Assist with development of strategic and tactical global solutions for clients working with GSC, Client COOs, Business Architecture, etc.
VP IMS BGL BA & ARCH
STATE STREET CORPORATION :
- Strong financial and business acumen to drive financial improvement across multiple functional disciplines. Assist with the development and maintenance of Business Operations (BAU) and project budgets. Drive Unit Cost Improvement through analysis and optimization. Work with local and global leadership to drive overall division and corporate profitability. Superior oral and written communication; comfortable making presentations to executives, peers and clients.
- Communication and Operational Client Service Delivery
- Act as an extension of our client service model ensuring seamless service delivery across Business Operations for our clients
- Engage business leads and peers, interfaces with senior leaders across the organization. Builds strong internal and external relationships and ensures service quality and customer satisfaction Data Management
- Partner with IMS, DataGX and Enterprise Data Governance and Management (EDGM), Data Stewards and Data Owners to drive the adoption of data standards, definitions, structures, hierarchies, taxonomies, attributes and models to support and optimize end-to-end business solution flows.
- Partner with colleagues and IT to develop documentation and communication of system and process requirements to ensure smooth implementations, well controlled operating models, and financial, service and risk excellence
- Drive data centric operational and data control through IMS and DataGX tools and governance to ensure data quality throughout our service model
- Understand data management concepts including metadata management, business semantics, business process management, and process flow analysis
Risk Management/Risk Excellence:
- Ensure business architecture and strategy addresses operations, risk and compliance requirements in region; works with global teams to define and drive global standards while satisfying regional requirements
- Create and drives adoption of Risk and Regulatory system and reporting standards, through standardizing calculation methods, data inputs and outputs, distribution, and information sourcing
- Ensures redundancies in business solutions and risk data processes are reduced across all cross divisional regulatory initiatives
Sales/Solutions Support Responsibilities :
- Provide IMS Business Operations support to Sector Solutions and GCS teams in sales and consulting work with clients and prospects in region; ensure standards and capabilities are well understood; ensure solutions address client requirements and highlight gaps as identified
- Proactively solicit feedback regarding new product initiatives and future product development needs in region; provides feedback to Management, GCS, Architecture and Product development teams.
- Perform product demonstrations
- Support new business onboarding, change management and strategic business initiatives utilizing sound program and project management skills.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or Information System Management
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry
- Financial Services background and solid understanding of Investment
- Creative thinker with the ability to think out-of-the-box while defining complex yet practical data solutions
- Very strong relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to work across business lines
- Must display an ability to drive tasks through to completion
- Strong time management and organizational skills; Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated record of leading others to achieve goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence peers, managers and senior leaders, including the ability to influence C-level executives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills
- Exemplifies customer focused, team driven mentality; serves as role model for colleagues.
- Academic and market experience is expecting to be in line with regional operational roles in the market.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.