Senior Manager at Startup Genome
Views:6586 Applications:577 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:575
Startup Genome - Associate/Manager - Research (3-6 yrs)
About Startup Genome :
Startup Genome is a global collaborative effort to help regions everywhere nurture and maintain thriving tech startup ecosystems. Our insights, gathered from 10,000+ startup companies and 300 partner organizations, provide a starting point for founders, employers, local leaders, and policymakers in 50+ cities around the world to make informed and timely decisions that drive innovation and economic growth.
In order for more startups around the world to thrive, we need to understand the underlying influences of startup ecosystems- success. Startup Genome benchmarks startup ecosystems, combining objective data analysis with input from founders, to provide knowledge that empowers local regions to build consensus for action and attract healthy startup communities.
Position Summary :
Play an important role in research and analysis. At times leading simple workstreams independently and at times driving the analysis on more complicated workstreams with direction from senior team members. Position involves working with senior stakeholders and decision makers.
Role and responsibilities :
- Proficient professional with sound business logic and ability to structure approaches to answer complex business questions
- Proficient in research and analysis, but able to provide solid business judgment to derive answers in situations where data is not easily available or explicitly published
- Innovative in thinking and able to come up with new ways to measure startup ecosystem success
- Able to interact with Startup Genome clients and members
- Work with SG clients and members to share information on processes and drive data collection from startups and startup support organizations (accelerators, incubators, co-working spaces, etc.)
- Present findings and results to Startup Genome clients and members through webinars
- Graduate or post graduate from top-tier college with strong academic records.
- Candidates should possess excellent analytical, communication, problem solving and team player skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Should possess strong in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Prior experience in similar analytical roles may be an added advantage.