Resourcing Specialist at Standard Chartered
Views:590 Applications:98 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Standard Chartered - VP - Collateral Management - Margin Operations (10-18 yrs)
This role is for Margin Ops lead who will be responsible to lead the team in most innovative way to deliver best class support to our priority customers.
- Market Knowledge: - awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Business Strategy and Model: - awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Risk Management and Control: The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- This role would require 10+ years of relevant experience, covering the implementation of strategy into technology solutions, part of which is operating at the Group level of sizeable international companies
- At least 10 years of working experience in Operations Risk, Collateral Management, Middle office and banking operations
- Understanding of margin and portfolio reconciliation requirements under Doff-Frank, EMIR, HKMA, MAS etc
- Expert understanding of OTC Derivative, MTM valuation, Margining, ISDA/CSA, Repo and SBL and Trade sensitivities
- Sound understanding of the functioning of various asset classes, Trade Life Cycle, FO & MO functions and front to bank processing
- Sounds knowledge of industry platforms like - Acadiasoft, Tri-Resolve, Bloomberg, Reuters, IM Exposure Manager etc
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, senior management and other stakeholders within the organisation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written & spoken communication, good team player and self-motivated
- Knowledge of operational processes, operational risks and controls
- Proven ability to support identification of operational risks and to suggest control enhancements
- High level of PC literacy with a strong understanding of Microsoft Products
The Successful Applicant Should be:
- Excellent people manager having managed client facing roles for at least 5 years
- Minimum 5 Yrs of collateral management experience
- Excellent understanding of margin reform regulation
- Experience of Collateral Agreements CSA and GMRA