Resourcing Specialist at Standard Chartered
Views:1300 Applications:279 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Standard Chartered - Vice President - Trade Operations Risk & Controls (10-15 yrs)
JOB PURPOSE :
- Work directly with the COOs and senior leadership to drive the transformation agenda in Trade; identify and lead strategic change initiatives to ensure the business is fit-for-purpose and fit-for-growth.
- To help co-ordinate and execute Business Strategy for Trade.
- To drive aspects of the change agenda required to execute business strategy. This may include ongoing initiatives, or new projects.
- To provide leadership on management, operational delivery and control, and governance over the business.
- Deliver critical analyses and recommendations to support decision making for senior management (e.g., TB MT) and governance committees (e.g., NFRCs).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Identify and independently drive strategic change initiatives to deliver on the risk and control transformation agenda for Trade, including but not limited to, defining mitigation approach to critical risks, improving the effectiveness of risk management frameworks, controls, and execution.
2. Consolidating all Trade related projects and processes and ensuring these are tracked in relevant governance forums and committees.
3. Assist in strategy formulation and execution for the business, advising the Business Head and his/her management team. Work with the Business Head and COO to highlight and resolve trade-offs between competing business agendas and risk decisions.
4. Drive and take ownership of key and strategic projects within Trade.
5. Improve communication across business, function and geography by ensuring key messages and initiatives are clear and impact is understood.
6. Prepare papers or provide updates as requested by TBMT or governance committees.
7. Ensure appropriate project governance and delivery by representing the COO office in key project PSGs and Working Groups as required.
8. Conceptualize and prepare strategic frameworks, discussion papers and MIS as required to enable strategic planning and improve management reporting.
9. Prepare papers with critical analysis, recommendations, and/or updates as requested by TBMT or governance committees. Improve effectiveness of communication for change initiatives across business, function and geography.
10. Enable effective product governance by helping continually optimise the group and country process.
11. Other initiatives as required for broader Transaction Banking, on behalf of TB COO.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS RESPONSIBLE FOR :
- TB Chief Operating Officer and his direct/indirect reports
- Global Business Head and their direct/indirect reports
- Global Functional Heads and their direct/indirect reports
- Managers in Operations, Finance, HR and other functions. - Thought leadership and oversight of effective risk management and control
- Work with key functional stakeholders to drive an aligned change agenda.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Instrumental in embedding the 3 Lines of Defense methodology in the Global Operations operating environment to drive cultural change across Global Market Operations 1st LOD towards clearer control and risk accountability.
- Proactively identified risk by conducting process reviews.
- Designing and implementing controls to mitigate risks according to second Line of Defense standards.
- Contributed towards positive risk culture by conducting risk trainings, reviews, ensuring timely completion of observations.
- Ensured strong partnership with operations to ensure smooth implementation of risk framework.
- Strategic mindset with seasoned problem solving and programme management skills.
- Proven track record of project management and delivery with ability to project manage a complex agenda, create visibility of these projects with senior management and run PWGs and PSC as required.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, across various levels in the organization, in influencing key decisions taken in the business and in support teams.
- Good knowledge of Transaction Banking, particularly Trade and Cash, with a broad understanding of wholesale banking business- preferred.
- Good knowledge of Operations, Product and Sales preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, make decisions, and work to tight timeframes.
- Good business judgment and strong in operational control and risk assessment.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation. Sound knowledge of MS-Excel, PPT, and Word.