Talent Resercher at Standard Chartered
Views:872 Applications:203 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Standard Chartered - Senior Manager - Governance (8-12 yrs)
The role of Senior Manager, Governance, COO, will work as part of a team to support the Head, Governance and Delivery, COO, in designing and managing the GIA Methodology Framework to deliver high quality outputs and support achievement of GIA's functional strategy.
This role works with the Manager, Governance, COO to identify trends in Internal Audit impacting the methodology, assess the impact of updates, develop communications and training relating to the methodology. Key to the success of this role will be to continue to support the function in its principles-based approach. ensuring that the framework meets industry standards and supports a shift towards dynamic (agile) auditing. The role holder will work with QA and other stakeholders to identify and share best practice relating to the methodology.
- Lead the continuous improvement/refresh of the GIA Methodology and processes every six months, including preparation and coordination of GIA-wide methodology training for two days every year.
- Support the Governance and Delivery team to provide quality central support to the wider GIA, across teams and locations within the Group, on the implementation of the GIA Methodology.
- Enable smarter auditing through identifying opportunities to shorten audits while remaining focused on key risks.
- Working with the Manager, Methodology to support the Head, Governance and Delivery, in the professional standards mapping to ensure that the GIA Methodology is in compliance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), Financial Services Code and other obligations.
- Monitor developments in IPPF and best practices in internal audit and support in its implementation.
- Working with the Manager, Methodology to perform the annual review of permanent variations to methodology and GIA MT delegation of authority in line with requirements of the GIA Methodology
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance
As part of the wider COO team, the role holder will be expected to support the delivery of the function's priorities with ad hoc project work as required.