Resourcing Specialist at Standard Chartered
Views:413 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Standard Chartered - AVP - Technology Risk & Control (10-15 yrs)
Job Purpose The role is responsible for:
- Maintaining regulatory baseline, ensuring the Bank's policy and Standards are aligned with regulatory and audit obligations.
- Maintaining the T&I Operational Risk Framework associated controls and reporting
- Consolidating, tracking, reporting and supporting the Technology Processes, Global Audit engagement & domain specific remediation.
Other key areas include :
- Work with the CIOs and domain R & C teams to ensure processes and controls are suitable to enable them to build and maintain sustainable, well-controlled business solutions.
- Ensure transparency and appropriate escalation of material risks associated with the functions and activities through the relevant risk forums and not limiting to CIO Risk forum, TNFRC Risk Committees
Key Responsibilities Risk Identification, Assessments, Measurement, Acceptance and Monitoring
- Work with the Technology teams across all CIO domains/sub domains to review the appropriateness of process design keeping standardisation, control, client service and simplicity at the root of all processes
- Work with the Process Owners to rectify any gaps, including assessing the appropriateness of controls
- Work with Process owners and Group Operational Risk teams to identify failure points in the process and then ensuring ORF related activities are performed on them to mitigate the risks.
Controls and Assurance:
- Review control design for the controls rated Medium, High and Very High criticality.
- Review and agree the key risk indicators which will be used consistently across T&I Risk Governance Committees and ensure accuracy of data collated
- Review and challenge the adequacy of controls for all new processes and systems by collaborating with Technology process owners and Risk control owners.
- Review and challenge the design of assurance for all new processes
- Review and challenge risk reporting.
- Ensure adherence to ORTF.
- Lead and Track T&I initiatives
- Consolidate inputs to PGC reports ensuring relevance & alignment.
- Monitor & track domain specific remediation.
- Continuous tracking and monitoring of incoming new / amended regulatory requirement
- Strong collaboration with Country Compliance, Technology Management and Process Owners, ensuring appropriate alignment of bank's standards to regulatory obligation.
- Perform predefined review and baseline of regulatory baseline to ensure regulatory gaps are early identified and shared with respective functions to early address potential gaps.
- Ensure regular reviews of risk items for trends. Challenge and ensure resolution of the underlying issues and ensure defects are fed back to the Process owners and CIO teams
- Assess and evaluate operational risk events and provide challenge for root cause and remedial actions. Provide feedback to Process owners and CIO teams
- Constantly seek to raise the benchmark on information provided to T&I to raise risk awareness and improve controls.
- Provide a regular review and update of materials aimed at raising risk awareness and instilling understanding of minimum standards of risk governance across the bank
- For all audits rated as Fail or Improvement Required coordinate the dissemination of lessons learnt
- Produce regular trend analysis of key risk indicator exceptions and identify systemic failures
Risk Forums and Committees:
- Coordinate the provision of risk related material and papers prepared to ensure transparency and appropriate escalation of material risks through the relevant risk forums and Risk Governance Committees.
- Ensure the T&I teams raise risks through the relevant risk forums/committee
- Challenge inputs to ensure risk is appropriately assessed and remedial actions are robust
- Proactively engage stakeholders, including the all CIO domains/sub domains, Group Process owners (across SDF, Technology Refresh, License Management and CDO processes) to raise awareness of risk issues
- Work with GPO and relevant stakeholders to collate and prepare the CIO Risk Forum Pack including CIO Sub Domain Dashboards
- Work with GPO to review risks and issues identified through structured or unstructured data feeds (e.g. TRMF review meetings)
- Engage relevant stakeholders but not limited to Technology Global Process Owners, Country Technology Management, CIO teams to track, aid internal & external regulatory / audit engagements ensuring audit readiness always.
- Plan & aid audit support well in advance.
- Manage expectations from across Technology Global Process Owners.
- Work in partnership with domain specific Global Technology Process Owners & various CIO Domains/subdomains
- Country Technology Management
- Country Compliance
- Group Internal Audit and other external auditors
- Group Operational Risk
- Effectiveness of controls and monitoring of Regulatory Obligations and alignment with Bank's Policy and Standards
- Effectiveness of controls and monitoring of Risk Reporting
- Timely Risk reporting and escalation of all operational risk exposures.
- Adherence of Technology to ORTF and the Project Governance Policy
- Cross team collaboration
Key Competencies - Strong written & verbal communication skills:
- Strong presentation skills (power point, excel)
- Strong reporting skills
- Cultural Awareness
- Attention to detail
- Prioritisation of tasks & time management
- Ability to meet deadlines and set clear expectations
- Lead by example
- Strong control mindset, role-modelling the importance of good governance and able to demonstrate courage in challenging processes or practices that fail to deliver a well-controlled business
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate, challenge and influence across borders and at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical thinking with ability to clearly and succinctly present trends and highlight material findings
- Operational Risk experience
- Ability to think outside-the-box with ambition to constantly evolve and improve our risk environment
Experience - Minimum 5-8 years experience in the financial banking industries, technology operational risk or process risk review experience
- CRISC Certified preferred
- CISA Certified preferred
- Minimum 10/15 years of broad technology experience - in projects and/or production support
- Other Professional certifications (e.g. PMP, ITIL, CoBIT, and CISSP)