Administration Manager at Stakeboat Capital LLP
Views:486 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:77
Stakeboat Capital - Legal Counsel Role - LLB (5-11 yrs)
Stakeboat Capital is a private equity firm focused on control / co-control investment opportunities, across small and medium enterprises (SMEs). We focus on the companies across the sectors including Healthcare; Life sciences and Pharma; Specialized Manufacturing; and Technology.
You will provide legal advice and support in relation to the investment negotiations, structuring of the investment, legal due diligence and execution of different investment transactions. You will also extend corporate legal services and advise to the portfolio companies.
Main Responsibilities :
- In-house legal counsel within the fund
- Assistance on all legal aspects of the fund's transactions - negotiations, structuring and execution;
- Work with the investment; and regulatory & compliance team in all aspects of the transaction from sourcing through exits; assist with ongoing compliance monitoring including KYC/ AML processes
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of legal documents; supervise and manage work and relationships with external counsels;
- Support and advice on fund formations, fundraising documents, investment transactions, divestment transactions and general corporate matters;
- Take responsibility for the legal content in investor reporting, regulation and compliance, contract reviews and other legal documentation;
- Develop and implement internal policies, compliance manuals and operational procedures from the legal and regulatory perspective;
- Provide general corporate legal services and advise to investee companies
- Sound grasp of legal concepts and ability to draft and manage legal contracts, for varied transaction, business requirements/ situations;
- Understanding and experience of the VC/ PE landscape and a passion for working in-house; Prior experience related to legal advice on diligence, structuring, documentation and negotiation on VC/ PE/ M&A deals will be preferred;
- Good negotiation skills to drive discussions to desired outcomes;
- Self-motivated and performance driven individual who sets high standards for oneself at work;
- Adaptable, open to new ways of working and finding unique solutions to overcome business challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to assist colleagues in other functions and activities in areas outside of his/her primary areas of responsibility as needed to contribute to a collegial atmosphere.
- A Bachelor's Law Degree from a reputed national university in India
- A minimum of 5 years of prior work experience with reputed law firm, PE/ VC fund, mid to large sized Corporate, etc.