Senior Consultant at HeadPro Consulting LLP
Views:1692 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Srum Master - Global IT Service Firm (3-5 yrs)
This role must understand the business at a high level and be able to exercise technical aptitude to understand and resolve technical impediments. They must be capable of leading a team to self-organization and push back against the Product Owner. This role facilitates the appropriate scrum event sand employs various techniques to foster collaboration and protect the team from outside distractions.
Responsibilities and duties
- Inspire the agile product team to embrace the full adoption of scrum practices by coaching the team on the framework and instilling an - inspect and adapt- mindset.
- Empower the team to self-organize in pursuit of a better, more fulfilling experience and improved productivity.
- Generate a common understanding amongst the team of the product vision and strategy.
- Create an environment for the agile product team to thrive by protecting the team from outside distractions and over commitment.
- Facilitate the appropriate scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Ups.
- Backlog Refinement, Retrospectives, sprint/release planning, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- From retrospective, identify tangible growth areas and apply improvements moving forward.
- Design processes and practices to help the team anticipate and identify impediments while resolving basic team impediments.
- Recognize when to escalate the impediments and who to involve.
- Assist in team development while holding team members accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work, and mentoring and developing team members.
- Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Provide management level reporting on project status, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Track and communicate team velocity, happiness and sprint/release progress to all affected teams and management.
- Ensure team is set up with tools and resources to complete the work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years- experience supporting applications, ideally with 2 to 3 years of project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Aptitude to follow technical discussions and bridge communications between product owners and developers
- Proficiency in analytical problem resolution
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Self-motivated, proactive, and dependable
- Ability to simplify, prioritize, and make progress
- Flexible to shifting priorities
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or Business, or related experience
- Some travel required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.