Manager - Risk/Digital & Analytics Practice at Michael Page India
Views:5654 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Sr Manager/AVP - Internal Controls & SOX Compliance - Banking (8-12 yrs)
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading financial services organization with operations in more than 45 countries worldwide. They are an esteemed brand within global banking industry and always strive to recruit the best talent in the industry. With the current expansion in their global operations, they are looking for seasoned risk & governance professionals.
- The Position will be responsible for leading the Control & Compliance Team which is responsible for providing support to Processes within Global Operations & Accounting in Managing Risk, ensuring Compliance to all control rating elements and establishing ways and means to ensure robust control environment.
- The broad activities encompassed in this role would be Quarterly SOX Testing & Assertion, PRSA attestation, Operational Risk Event Management and Reporting, BCP Governance, Balance Sheet Reconciliation Governance, Functional Balance Sheet initiative, Pre-Audit Risk Assessment, Ensuring implementation of New Policy Rollout, Management and Reporting of Data Loss Prevention Program, Key Risk Indicators, Spot Audits, Control Rating Scorecard Reporting and Governance, Month-end Issue Log Reporting, FCPA Monitoring and Reporting, Providing Trainings to Process Areas on various Control & Compliance Related Elements, Analytics on Operational Risk Events and Issues and take proactive approach towards strengthening Overall Control & Compliance Structure for GOA.
You shall be responsible for:
- Building the control culture within the DNA of workforce and ensure that all the control activities are performed as designed.
- Working in partnership with various teams like ORM, ICFR, SOX Office and various other processes to ensure that the control environment is kept intact.
Management of End to End SOX Testing Program which includes:
- Ensuring that Quarterly SOX Testing has been executed by all the process areas and providing guidance regarding the critical requirements of the guidelines.
- Supporting and guiding the process areas in completion of Control Assertion
- Monitoring and Review of SOX Testing Performed by Process Areas
- Tracking and Reporting of Test Results and Control Assertion to Senior Leadership and Operational Risk Management Team
- Ensuring that the PRSA attestation is completed on time for all the PRSA’s owned by GOA.
- Management and Supporting the process areas in ensuring that Operational Risk Events are raised and closed within the stipulated timelines and establishing methods of identification for such issues within the process areas.
- Establishing proactive controls that facilitates the process areas in avoidance of issues and ensuring robust control environment
- Working in partnership with the Learning & Development team in rolling out the operational excellence and control framework across GFO
- Keeping an eye on key deliverables that could impact the control rating and ensure compliance
- Maintain and improve the balance sheet hygiene for all accounts owned within GOA
- Providing leadership guidance in execution of Business Continuity Plan that includes performing Annual BCP Exercise, BIA Annual Certification and Quarterly BCP Scoring and Evaluation Exercise
- Governance and Reporting of Spreadsheet Control Policy Implementation
- Ensuring robust Pre audit Risk Assessment framework and Report Key Deficiencies / Gaps to Senior Management
- Manage and Execute Functional Balance Sheet Program
- Organize and Conduct Trainings for Process Areas on Various Policies (Operational Risk Events, Manual Journal Entry, Spreadsheet Control Policy, Data Loss Preventions etc.)
- Chartered Accountant (1st attempt) with 8 years of post qualification experience and having a background of control related role.
- Exposue to Program/Project Management, related Control function responsibilities or Business/Operations functions within the Banking or financial services industries.
- A strong understanding and practical experience of Risk and Control disciplines, including COSO Framework, Audit Approach, SOX and PRSA Processes is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships partnership with peers in BU and Operational Risk Functions outside business unit and central operational risk management group, SOX Office and other such risk subject matter experts.
- Should have the ability to handle multiple work streams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical capabilities and willingness to question the status quo.
- Strong presentation skills, particularly in the development of professional and thoughtful materials and must have executive presence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to convey clear insight and thought leadership.
- Ability to ask the "right" questions without having extensive knowledge in a particular business area.
- The incumbent should have a background in people leadership, driving results and is able to guide the team through hurdles and challenges.
- He should be having a Flexibility to work with global teams across various time-zones.
- The incumbent should also have an Ability to think strategically, innovatively and to pursue ideas with conviction.
What's On Offer:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within one of the prestigious financial institutions. They provide excellent career path and a high level of internal mobility (locally as well as internationally) for the successful employees. Besides our client can offer a dynamic and exciting work environment with constant challenges opportunities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.