Specialist - Payroll - BPO (3-5 yrs)
Candidates willing to join immediately will be preferred.
We are seeking a full-time Payroll Specialist who is:
- Outgoing and confident
- A team player, but is also able to work independently with little direction
- A strategic thinker
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Ensure delivery of payroll processing, operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities that are accurately carried out on month on month basis within appropriate timeframes.
- Develop procedures and supervise the preparation, documentation, and expense of all payroll checks, payroll taxes and People benefit payments.
- Process new joiners and leavers payroll accurately in accordance with state rules and statutes.
- Review and complete tax and other statutory payroll filings prior to the due date.
- Preparation of payroll MIS, people's advances, and medical insurance, etc.
- Adhere to statutory compliances and highlight shortfalls and risks.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Handle Income tax and full and final settlements timely and accurately
- Handle payroll & Reimbursement queries
- Analyze, audit, reconcile and resolve complex payroll processing issues.
- Preparation of monthly challans and returns for PF, PT, ESIC, etc.
- Ensure that the pay and benefits plans comply with the State laws.
- Structure compensation in a way that will yield the highest value for the organization and employees.
- Manage people's life cycle management activities and maintain a Master (database) and personal records.
- Ensure maintenance of Statutory registers, Employment, and Labor related Statutory returns before the due date.
- Act as a point of contact for smooth functioning and addressing the issues related to the time office management.
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
- support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Prepare detailed variance analysis and reports prior to the payroll cycle for all types of pay-outs
- statutory returns and ensure compliance to all monthly, quarterly and annual payments and returns.
- Maintain records relating to peoples pay and statutory reports which is conversant with the relevant statutes and payroll regulations
- Post payroll transaction, ensure appropriate monthly reconciliations per the payroll calendar.
Essential Requirements :
- Master's Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in end to end payroll processing is a must.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of Indian Taxes (TDS), ESI, PF, PT, Gratuity and other critical payroll statutes.
- Multi-country payroll experience will be advantageous.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.