Talent Acquisition Partner at OSB India Pvt Ltd
Views:796 Applications:123 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Specialist - Learning & Development - BFSI (5-8 yrs)
Looking for an - L&D Specialist- to implement OSBI training strategy together with the People Development/Training team. The scope of the job is to build and enhance skill, behavioural/management competencies, performance, productivity and work quality of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs fitting the different job roles and in alliance with Organization's Mission Vision and Values.
The person will be responsible for managing the complete behavioral/soft skill training life cycle of employees up to mid-managerial level. The role would require the person to be engaged with departments to create content that fits the business needs and is in the right format suitable for training. Training content that will fall within the scope of this role includes - engaging experiential learning material in the form of presentations, handbooks, e-learning and other formats suitable for engaging facilitation. Hence, the person may have to upskill to manage new training tools, as per the training department needs and overall strategy.
The - L&D Specialist- would work closely with the content developing team in the UK and assist in creating and will assist with learning communication relevant to the business.
If need be, for training purpose, the L&D Specialist would undertake travel to UK.
- Align to the organization strategy to build and deliver a strong suite of skills and behavioral courses.
- Manage/support L&D engagements end to end that are required during an employee life cycle up to mid-managerial level.
- Create touch points with stakeholders, conduct TNAs, identify skill gaps, establish training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses and deliver a reasonable justification for training being designed.
- Ideate learning interventions and translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees to help manage their career aspirations.
- Research and apply behavioral theories/subject knowledge, to design and develop courses, classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results. Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Deliver training courses using different training methods - lecture, consulting, one-to-one, discussions, side-by-side, on the job support or any other methods etc., as is the demand of the program module.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes. Create\review training materials (PowerPoint Presentations and Word) and suggest changes/modifications as required and ensure content is up-to-date with relevant subject level changes.
- Review/redesign/customize existing modules as required keeping it aligned to the changing needs of the business or audience.
- Good researching, writing and editing skills. Engage in critical writing by comprehending researched information.
- Creative and eye for quality and perfection. Methodical, fact-checker, consistent eye for details.
- To ensure that the content complies with in-house guidelines.
- Effective at communication and articulation.
- Enthusiastic, quick learner and reliable team player.
- Strong professional ethics.
- Thorough with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and own compliance training.
- Work within a team environment where high standards of team-work and professional etiquette are a must.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with your job and title as assigned by your LM or above.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
- At least 36 months of overall experience delivering behavioral/soft skills and management courses within the training vertical of an organization of repute.
- At least 1-2 years of building training content for skills, behavioral and management courses for mid-managerial level employees.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Proven ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- 12 months previous experience working within the financial services industry is desirable.
- Good knowledge of instructional design theory and other learning principles; any related Certifications are a preference (DISC, ID etc.).
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to details.
- Organized with good planning skills, attention to detail and results focused.
- Business focused on analytical skills necessary to assess the impact of different training delivery methods.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks and produce good quality work.
- Graduate/PostGraduate in any discipline is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Journalism, Communications. Psychology or a related field.
- Certified L&D professional and Train the Trainer certification will be preferred.
- Certification in content writing and design will be preferred.
- Certification on Instructional System Design is preferred.
- A professional training qualification is desirable.