Talent Acquisition Manager at Envista Education
Views:182 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Specialist - Direct Tax - CA (2-5 yrs)
Description of Role:
This role is responsible for demonstrating leadership of the tax function by designing and embedding the tax strategy in the organization, providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex tax returns, and identifying and mitigating tax risks across group companies in and outside India.
Direct Tax Support:
- Provide insights to the business team and purchase team for tax implications on contracts under discussion.
- Identify and mitigate direct tax risks.
- Ensure the right deduction of TDS / withholding tax as per prevailing laws of respective countries across group entities.
- Ensure timely payment of TDS, Equalization Levy, and Advance Income Tax within statutory deadlines.
- Ensure Tax Audit Report and Income Tax Return is filed on time with the highest level of accuracy.
- Ensure Income Tax Assessment proceedings are replied to on time after proper due diligence and documentation check.
Transfer Pricing Compliances:
- Ensure all transactions between group companies are conducted at arm's length with proper documentation.
- Ensure prior board approvals are taken while entering any inter-group company transactions.
- Ensure timely filing of International Transfer Pricing reports with government authorities in India and outside India
Tax Compliances in Foreign Subsidiaries:
- Ensure tax compliance in foreign subsidiaries for both direct and indirect taxation.
- Prepare tax compliance calendar for each Geography and coordinate with tax consultants outside India for timely filing of returns and payment of taxes.
Handling tax assessments and audit:
- Co-ordinate with internal auditors, statutory auditors, government authorities for closure of audits and tax assessments within due dates
- In addition to the tax profile, the candidate is also required to supervise the accounting of overhead expenses and bring process automation.