Spark Capital - Lead - Midas Investment Banking (5-10 yrs)
Spark PWM's Midas-Investment Banking practice (Spark Midas-IB) currently advises:
1. IPO-bound companies to raise pre-IPO equity capital for ticket sizes of between Rs. 10 crs -
Rs. 200 crs
2. Stock owners in bankable unlisted companies on placing blocks they might own. This is mostly around the Late Stage or Pre-IPO Stage and for ticket sizes of between Rs. 10 cr and Rs. 200 cr.
3. Listed companies on raising equity capital by way of PIPEs for ticket sizes of between Rs. 25 crs - Rs. 100 crs.
4. Large block holders in small and mid-cap listed companies on divesture of their holdings
5. Promoters and corporate clients on Sell-side M&A Transactions (Rs. 30 cr - Rs. 100 cr)
6. Corporate clients on VC / Angel / Early Stage / Mezzanine Stage fund raises of ticket sizes of between Rs. 25 cr - Rs. 100 cr.
In most cases, Spark Midas-IB originates such transactions through Spark PWM's RM network and, in some cases, by way or referrals from Spark Investment Banking (Spark IB) because deal sizes don't fit their minimum size thresholds.
Spark Midas-IB evaluates feasibility of the raise (deciding if a mandate should be taken or not), engages as an advisor on mandates taken and executes these mandates by placing securities with its clients across relevant institutional investors, angel networks, family offices and super-HNIs.
Spark PWM has an Angel Fund & is setting up a CAT-II Fund (Mezzanine / Late Stage / Pre-IPO Stage investing) to facilitate quick decision making and investing for Spark PWM's clients. These funds would be natural investor audiences for Spark Midas-IB, other than Spark PWM RM clients and Spark Midas- IB relationships.
Objective of the Role:
1. Scoping the investor market for target investor audience for VC / Angel / Early Stage / PIPE Mezzanine Stage deals of between Rs. 25 cr - Rs. 100 cr engaging with such investors to help place deals that Spark Midas-IB mandated transactions.
a) Initially, selected candidates will engage with earmarked clients and prospective investors introduced by Spark PWM to place Midas IB deals.
b) At a later stage, the role will expand to working on expanding footprint of potential investors for Midas IB deals by initiating engagement with such uncovered investors.
2. Over 2-3 years, graduate to originating and evaluating deal opportunities for Spark Midas-IB practice either directly or through Spark PWM RMs - end result should be to win executable mandates.
3. Executing mandates using the Spark PWM, Spark IB and the Spark Midas-IB ecosystem. This includes help prepare IM and relevant financial models on transactions, marketing transactions thru' the eco-system and handling term-sheets to diligence to deal closure
4. Hand-hold Spark PWM originated transactions that Spark IB picks up and work with Spark IB in closure to enable Spark PWM earn a larger share of the revenue therein.
5. Responsible for revenue creation.
Over the next 2-3 years, successful Midas IB team members could specialize in sourcing and executing Midas IB deals by sectors or move to Spark's Investment Banking division
1. Self-driven Rainmaker mindset with good communication and relationship handling skills
2. MBA / CFA / CA
3. 3. At least 5 years of experience as an Equity Research Analyst or Investment Banker or Analyst with a Private Equity / Venture Capital / Angel Fund
4. Strong modelling and presentation skills