Recruiter at Spandana Sphoorty
Views:456 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:66
Spandana Sphoorty - Vice President - Accounts & Taxation (7-15 yrs)
PREFERABLY FROM MFI/BFSI BACK GROUND.
Role : VP/AVP Accounts
Function : Accounts
Department : Finance & Accounts
Reports to :CFO
Operating Network (Internal) : Finance & Accounts /Tax/Corporate Functions/ Operations
Operating Network (External) : Statutory & Internal Auditors, Vendors, Statutory & Regulatory Agencies;
Purpose of the Role :
- The incumbent is mainly responsible for leading the accounts team, maintaining books of accounts & managing accounting operation for the company in line with accounting standards.
- He is expected to review and analyze financial information and ensure all financial reports, assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability and other financial statements are accurate and follow set procedures and standards.
- The incumbent is also responsible of the all payments are made to vendors and partners on time and shall ensure that proper accounting systems, processes & controls are in place. He will be responsible to guide, train and motivate the team.
Areas of Responsibility :
1. Financial Focus:
Accounting & Payments :
- He will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting records (books of accounts), financial statements and other financial reports are accurate and duly comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- He will also be responsible for reviewing and authorizing payments to all vendors / partners/ other stakeholders of the company in line with polices & required approvals. He is expected to ensure that there are no outflows / fines/ levies imposed on SSFL/Group Entities on account of non-compliances in accounting matters and there are no aged items in the books requiring actions. He will ensure timely closing, reporting & clean audits with zero surprises in the areas of accounting & accounting controls.
Corporate Affairs - He will also be responsible for various corporate matters as outlined by the board / executive council/MD/CFO.
2. Operational Focus :
Functioning of the Department - He will be responsible for reviewing and monitoring key activities like payments (to vendors, agencies - insurance, employees etc.), on time tax payments, aged advances in the books, open items in bank reconciliations, reviewing & updating SOPs etc.
- Provide inputs to the team on accounting matters and ensuring timely closure of books of accounts. He is also expected to examine and analyse accounting records (including branch accounting), financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
GAAP - He will provide leadership to the accounting teams in driving effectively the standards and procedures under GAAP's that need to be complied with by the organization.
Audit & Compliance - He is expected to engage with auditors (internal / external), ensure that all accounts are duly audited on time, any non-compliances are addressed and drive the highest level of compliances and ensure that there are no deviations from set standards.
GST/Taxation - He will review all accounting of taxes and review tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
MIS & Reporting's - He will be responsible for reviewing all accounting statement and reports prepared and present the same to the management. He will also be responsible for driving a system of broadly accepted source of data generation to ensure reduction in complexities of Accounting & Reporting's.
3. Internal Customer/ Vendor Focus :
Statutory & Regulatory Agencies - He is expected to keep him abreast of new developments in accounting areas, RBI regulations, SEBI listing related regulations, taxation & other applicable laws which could have significant impact on the organization and update the team about the same to ensure full compliance
4. Talent Focus :
Team Management - Demonstrate the ability to build, train, engage and motivate team members. He will be responsible for KRA setting and reviewing of the Direct Reports, to ensure that the code of conduct of the organization is followed by the team and set the goals for the team and monitor the performance.
Team Development - Responsible to ensure the competence (skill matrix) for all team members and ensure that they are up to date and in tune with organization expectations.
Educational Qualification and Experience Requirements :
Educational Qualification : CA OR CA+MBA(Tier 1 Institute)
Minimum No. of Years : 5-8 years
Knowledge / Skill-sets Required :
- Knowledge of business and management principles, Knowledge of IGAAP & IndAS, Audits, Financial Ratios, Financial systems, accounting principles, Statutory & Regulatory compliances.
Other Skills Required :
- Strong Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making/Problem Solving Abilities, Change Management, Strive for Excellence, Time Management, Basic Computer/IT skills, Expertise in Excel and leadership.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.