Recruiter at Mainstream Technologies
Views:537 Applications:119 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Sourcing Manager - Procurement - IT Business Unit (5-10 yrs)
Position Title : Sourcing Manager
Business Unit : IT
Reports to : Head of Sourcing, APAC
Purpose of Role :
The Sourcing Manager is primarily responsible for creating value for the business by supporting Internal Stakeholders in conducting purchasing activities within a global shared services. Key activities include :
- External and internal stakeholder management
- Vendor negotiations
- Vendor management
- Contract Management
- Identifying and managing risk
This role will also own the ability to identify improvements and streamlining of all processes across Procurement with the aim of having simple and integrated processes, including where touch-points are required across other technology teams, and internal stakeholder, departments and divisions.
Key Accountabilities :
- Contribute to the delivery of financial savings through cost saving, cost avoidance and cost prevention to ensure that costs are kept to a minimum and that maximum value is obtained
- Negotiate and manage the administrative activities to maintain supply agreements, purchase, and maintenance and support contracts with major 3rd party providers.
- Provide governance and guidance to internal and external stakeholders relating to the procurement policy and process
- Proven experience in managing 3rd party vendors
- External and Internal Stakeholder Management
- Ensure Sourcing develops strong relationships with external providers to maintain effective service delivery and a seamless service for our clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to gain an understanding of where improvements can be made.
- The above list of key accountabilities is not an exhaustive list and may change from time-to-time based on business needs.
Ideal Candidate Profile :
Essential Skills and Experience :
- 5+ years experience in Sourcing Management or a related field
- Contract acumen and negotiation experience
- Strategic thinker
- Strong leadership skills
- Workable understanding of IT ecosystems, supplier landscapes and their operation
- Extensive understanding of procurement practices, tendering processes and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated understanding of the implications of different procurement choices
- Strong Risk Management
- Excellent commercial acumen