HR at Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited (SPN)
Views:75 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Sony Pictures Networks - Solution Architect - Backend - Middleware/API/NodeJs (12-15 yrs)
Education- B.E./B.Tech, MCA or Equivalent Computer Degree
Overall Experience- 15+ Years
Essential expertise - Experience in backend technology like NodeJS, Java, Python, PHP, MySQL, MSSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB/NoSQL
Desirable experience- 12+ years
Area of Responsibilities
- Serves as technical design authority and recommends build decisions for Sonyliv Middleware system
- Discuss with Internal/External business owners and technical users on their requirement, validate feasibility and prepare solution and architecture to deliver various business use-cases
- Cross-Function discussion and propose solutions
- Drives Middleware architecture and the design of SonyLIV Web/Mobile/TV API Solutions at scale and security
- Handle solution, architecture and dependency of SonyLIV syndication APIs
- Analyze and Build solution for integration of third-party APIs like CMS, Payments, Search, Recommendation, Video, EPG, analytics, data management etc into Middleware with logging for monitoring
- Security, Load testing and Performance benchmark of Middleware APIs
- Work extensively on high-scale, low-latency systems
- Documents architecture views and architecture artefacts required by the delivery process
- Ensures adherence with central enterprise architecture frameworks and standards
- Proactive communication and highlight risk in case of delivery solution and timelines
- Participation/Contribution in Agile Process and Delivery
- Owning and Accountability of solutions proposed and deliver
Critical Competencies for Success
- Minimum 8+ years of hands on experience on any backend technology like NodeJS, Java, Python, PHP, MySQL, MSSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB/NoSQL
- Experience on highly scalable backend/Middleware solution and architecture design
- Experience in Redis, Elasticcache, Memcache, APC etc.
- Worked with Elasticsearch and SOLR
- Knowledge in RabidMQ/SQS/Kafka, SNS and Webhooks
- Worked on Asynchronous API Workflow
- Knowledge in WebSocket/Socket driven workflow
- Good Experience in any Load Testing tool
- Good knowledge in Linux based operating systems
- Expertise in REST API architecture, integration & security
- Specially in scalable, secure and highly available API services design
- Experience in API Monitoring and Logging
- Strong knowledge in API Performance optimization practices
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical skill
- Strong understanding of cloud services and architecture (AWS/GCP/AZURE etc)
- Strong knowledge in Cache driven architecture, Monolithic/Microservice architecture design pattern
- Strong knowledge in CMS, third-party, B2C/B2B integration and delivery workflow
- Knowledge in object-oriented design pattern, workflow and sequence diagram
- Knowledge in version controlling (GIT/SVN), technical governance, best coding practices, code quality and standards, application development life cycle, automation, deployment practices
- Should be a good team player & able to work independently under pressure.
- Strategic thinker balanced with a grasp of details. Must possess the ability to switch between execution and strategy mode most effortlessly.
- Ability to see the big picture, visualize the future and develop relevant functional strategies which value add to our business.
- Ability to prioritize and cope with competing demands. Must possess a sense of urgency and excellent execution and project management skills.
- Must be excited by and be able to navigate ambiguity.
- Passion for results and excellence.
- Must be able to get the job done by working collaboratively with others.
- Inquisitive and analytical mind; out-of-the-box thinking; bring a creative perspective to business problems applying functional expertise, business understanding and common sense.
Other Personal Characteristics
The successful candidate must be bright, quick, and a team player who also possesses independence of thought and opinion to provide candor and honesty to support and influence key business decisions. Must have authenticity to establish quality relationships across the organization through the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and mutual respect. Personal traits which will make one an ideal candidate for the position are:
- Straightforward, professional and polished
- Excellent communicator
- High energy, with an ability to motivate
- A do-it-yourself orientation, consistent with the company's - roll-up the-sleeves- culture
- Positive outlook with an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Is a balanced individual capable of developing creative solutions while anticipating and mitigating risks
- Has business acumen and is a strategic thinker
- Is an independent thinker and assertive. Can voice his/her opinion against top management and other stakeholder in a professional manner.