Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition at Sony Pictures Network
Views:711 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Sony Pictures Networks - Senior Manager - Legal - LLB/LLM (12-16 yrs)
The incumbent will be responsible for Drafting and reviewing contracts for complex commercial transactions involving IT&ES, financial agreements including long term and short term loans, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, statement of work related to information technology, employment contracts including consultancy and freelancing agreements, agreements for supply of office services including with vendors for office restructuring, fit out, canteens and other functional areas
Education : LLB or LLM (added advantage)
Essential expertise : Handling media related transactions
Other job requirements
- Draft and/or review contracts for complex commercial transactions involving IT&ES, financial agreements including long term and short term loans, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, statement of work related to information technology, employment contracts including consultancy and freelancing agreements, agreements for supply of office services including with vendors for office restructuring, fit out, canteens and other functional areas
- Drive contract lifecycle from negotiation with inhouse team as well as external lawyers and third parties, drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution.
- Manage contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
- Prepare contracts for internal review and approval and ensure compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations
- Interpret contracts and advise concerned managers on contractual responsibilities
- Translate complex commercial/legal scenarios into non-technical language and action plans
- Monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as required
- Maintain a database of the status of all agreements and contracts
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various matters
- Advise on statutory compliances
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies
- Conduct trainings on company policies on code of conduct, anti-bribery, anti-trust, anti-sexual harassment etc.
- Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and advise on related matters
- Critical Competencies for Success
- Strategic thinker balanced with a grasp of details. Must possess the ability to switch between execution and strategy mode most effortlessly.
- Ability to prioritize and cope with competing demands. Must possess a sense of urgency and excellent execution and project management skills.
- Passion for results and excellence.
- Must be able to get the job done by working collaboratively with others.
- Inquisitive and analytical mind; out-of-the-box thinking; bring a creative perspective to business problems applying functional expertise, business understanding and common sense.
- An LL.B. qualification from a National Law School or similar reputed institution with at least eight (8) years of experience with large law firms or Indian or MNC corporates in negotiating contracts
- Sound knowledge of contract law and IPR
- Should have knowledge of the content rights
- Ability to understand digital and movie production business
- Good presentation skills & must be well versed with technology and processes.
Other Personal Characteristics :
- The successful candidate must be bright, quick, and a team player who also possesses independence of thought and opinion to provide candor and honesty to support and influence key business decisions.
- Must have authenticity to establish quality relationships across the organization through the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and mutual respect.
- Personal traits which will make one an ideal candidate for the position are:
- Straightforward, professional and polished
- Excellent communicator
- A do-it-yourself orientation, consistent with the company's - roll-up the-sleeves- culture
- Is a balanced individual capable of developing creative solutions while anticipating and mitigating risks
- Has business acumen and is a strategic thinker
- Is an independent thinker and assertive. Can voice his/her opinion and challenge status quo in a professional manner.