HR at Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited (SPN)
Views:1442 Applications:319 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Sony Pictures Networks - Manager - Finance & Accounts (6-8 yrs)
- Assist in implementations of S4HANA, Ariba, CLM & other relevant modules of SAP.
- Handling accounting for Capex
- Responsible for accounting, budgeting, and reporting for content acquisition by all channels of the network.
- It also includes accounting for marketing activities undertaken by all channels.
- Handling GST reconciliations & other GST compliances
- It is critical for the incumbent to understand and adhere to all controls and compliance norms as required in this role
Education - CA is a must
Experience- 6 to 8 years of experience
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Accounting, Budgeting, and Reporting for all Content Acquisition, Marketing & Capex
- Post entries parked by team members in respect of Programming, Capex, Films, Sports, Digital, Music after due validations.
- Approve payments processed by the team members & coordinate with Banks in case of issues especially for International payments.
- Capex as area, including classification in to Opex & Capex, Accounting, project tracking, monitoring CWIP, asset numbering review, annual physical verification.
- Prepare annual & quarterly for content amort, marketing, depreciation, Studio Next costs
- Reconciliation of actuals to forecasts & budgets on a monthly basis for P&L
- Prepare annual & quarterly for Cashflow for amort, marketing, depreciation, Studio Next costs & revenues
- Review forecast of funds prepared by team members basis inputs and ensure its release in a timely manner . Track actual cashflow against forecasts as per desired timelines
- Provide projections for the month for Programming & Marketing.
- Track budgets for content, marketing & capex and take appropriate actions in case of any digression to the approved budget
- Sports: Monitor agreements, cost statements, etc.; Ensure timely payment of license fees and receipt of relevant tax related documents.
2. Monthly Closing
- Review & approve provisions for monthly closing
- Review monthly projections vs. actual variance reports for each month and identify and resolve any issues with the same & report
- Ensure SOX requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure clean and quality audit reporting (includes Statutory, IFC, SOX & Internal audit) as per norms by maintaining and provide all relevant data items
- Validate the key data before it is shared with the auditors
- Manage and resolve delays and other issues with audit closures
- Ensure implementation of the actionables emanating from the audit reports
- Ensure that all compliances from GST perspective are done for AP.
- Monthly GST reconciliation & monitoring
5. Studio Next
- Review the projects & prepare the management report for revenues, costs & margin
- Review Cost to completion
- Review the auditor reports during shoot
- Escalate over runs
- Review the daily cost sheets to ensure accurate reporting
- Be part of the S4HANA implementation team.
- Other projects ARIBA, CLM
- Work closely with the IT team to identify scope of process improvements and ensure implementation as per plan
- Manage change and guide team members in event of adoption of new processes and workflows post change in statutory norms or in internal systems
- Coordinate with IT to ensure smooth and timely transition to new systems and processes
7. Managing team performance
- Track team performance at an overall and individual level and provide support/ guidance wherever required to ensure achievement of yearly plans
- Manage effective resource allocation across different teams, enhance the capability quotient of team members and drive higher team engagement through appropriate HR interventions
- Understanding of accounting standards
- Understanding of income tax and GST provisions
- Excellent knowledge of SAP system
- Knowledge of Payroll and retirals
- Detail orientation
- Effective stakeholder management
- Process & control orientation
- Team player