Software Development Manager - Video - eComm (10-15 yrs)
Position: Software Development Manager
Employer: Global Leader in E-Commerce
Employer’s Instant Video enables customers to instantly stream or download over 100,000 movies and TV episodes, including the latest Hollywood blockbusters and currently airing TV series, and to enjoy unlimited streaming of over 10,000 movies and TV episodes at no additional charge included with a paid Employer’s Prime membership. Employer’s Instant Video is available on the Kindle Fire, over the web, and on 300+ Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes.
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineering leaders in the design and development of a range of Employer’s Instant Video app on Smart TV's and Streaming Player. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team of leaders.
- Responsible for the overall software development lifecycle of software product with lot of focus on customer experience.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems while obsessing on the details of the customer experience, we want to talk to you.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent coding skills in Java, C++, C#, or Ruby
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and programming
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience building standalone applications on developer platforms (e.g. Yahoo!, Android, iOS)
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
+91 82370 17901
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.