Social Impact Consultant - NGO (5-8 yrs)
Social Impact Consultant
Job purpose :
This job contributes to the Organisation's success through effective project management of all aspects of our Child Protection work. The ten-year, multi-million-dollar Child Protection Fund is one of the most ambitious programmes for the Organisation. They have committed to several deliverables, which need to be tracked for delivery to agreed and committed timelines. The job will play a critical role in ensuring that the various deliverables under the Fund and associated activities are delivered as required and are coordinated across the organisation, so there is a joined up approach and deadlines are met.
This post is funded for five years, with a review period at two years.
Main responsibilities :
- Lead project management and coordinate delivery of the Child Protection Fund programme, working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that work is joined up, coordinated, deliverables are tracked and all risks to delivery are identified. Involves working across programmes, fundraising, operations, finance and communications initiatives, ensuring the governance requirements of the Fund are being met.
Overall Project Management of the Child Protection Fund :
- Ensure a detailed project plan and sub-plans for delivery of the Child Protection Fund and its various elements is in place and actively managed to ensure key deliverables are met.
- Work with the senior management team and chairs of internal committees to identify priorities, track progress, manage risks and ensure joined up working across delivery areas.
- Track overall progress of key deliverables and initiatives identified for successfully delivering the Child Protection Fund
- Ensure that project management coordination and support is provided across all areas of delivery so work is delivered as required.
- Manage all internal committee meetings for the delivery of the Fund, track progress of actions from the meetings, circulate notes and actions, and set up processes for accountability from internal stakeholders
- Track key milestones for the Fund, and work with senior management to ensure people are meeting requirements and deadlines of the fund
- Ensure teams are using organisation's systems (Salesforce and associated software) to record all relevant project and organisational data.
- Identify challenges to meeting deliverables and formulate solutions.
- Put together progress reports and updates for the board and various sub-committees as required.
- Ensure that programme and project learnings continue to inform the Child Protection Fund management and design, and that it is aligned to sector best practice and innovation.
- Coordinate the annual planning process in coordination with the Senior Management Team and relevant leads for different initiatives (Programmes, Fundraising, Capacity Building etc.)
Key relationships :
Internal: Senior Management; Programmes team, Fundraising team, Communications team
External : None but may require some coordination with external partner entities.
Job-related knowledge, skills, and experience :
(E) Essential :
D) Desirable :
- Significant experience of successfully delivering projects on time and in budget (E)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (E)
- Experience of formal project management and an understanding of different project management methodologies (E)
- Able to demonstrate superior organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills (E)
- Proactive approach, ability to work in an agile, fast paced environment (E)
- Able to set priorities, meet goals and evaluate the process and results to support next steps of the project ( E )
- Has an eye for accuracy and detail (E)
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with people at all levels (E)
- Able to work with complex administration and record keeping in a global organisation (E)
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and work with diverse stakeholders to gain concensus'(D)