Smiles.ai - Head - Procurement (4-8 yrs)
Head of Procurement
About Smiles.ai :
We want to build India & GCC's largest and most-trusted Dental Care Brand. We are a technology company at heart that has developed several key innovations that help consumers with a Free & Fair diagnosis at the comfort of their home, usually just using their smartphone; this solves for the biggest consumer issues on pre-purchase clarity on pricing, quality and expected results. Our proprietary tech and systems enable us to deliver high quality services at honest prices by leveraging several operating efficiencies and process enhancements.
We are grateful to announce our $23 Mn Series A round led by Alpha Wave Global, LP (Falcon Edge) with strong participation from our existing partners at Sequoia Capital & Chiratae Ventures (Formerly IDG Ventures India) which will help us build faster, better and stronger. Other investors in the round include MBX Capital (US-based healthtech focussed fund), Wami Capital - Single Family Office We raised a seed round of $1 Mn co-led by Sequoia Capital & Chiratae Ventures in late 2020. Especially excited to have some of our heroes and mentors invest in us - Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary, Aakrit Vaish, Miten Sampat and Revant Bhate.
Our Team and Culture :
We are building an extremely flat knowledge-driven organization with no hierarchy and very high ownership. We stand for approachability and credibility to our consumers, and we want the same values to reflect internally in our org culture as well. If problem-solving, building solutions from scratch, scaling them across geographies excite you - you are welcome at smiles.ai. We look for high positive energy, clarity of thought, and a great work ethic as the primary parameters, if you bring in specific vertical expertise or relevant experience on tech, sector, business ops, or growth that is an obvious enabler too.
About the Role :
The Head of Procurement will manage the firm's supply of products and services and create strategies for cost-effective deals and competent suppliers. This role will be working with the internal stakeholders to identify their needs and look for discovering the best ways to optimize procurement expenses.
Key responsibilities include :
- Create organizational procurement strategy and create/improve processes based on best practices
- Discover capable & cost-effective suppliers and build business & organization partnerships
- Examine and test existing contracts/agreements for risk management
- Maintaining adequate inventory and ensuring SLOB is minimized
- Organizing regular inventory audits for physical vs system stock
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Expect adverse events through data analysis and develop mitigating strategies
- Manage procurement spend and building a cost-saving culture
Skills and Qualifications :
- Bachelor's/ Master's Degree with 4 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Experienced in raw material, packing material and consumables procurement
- Exposure to mature large scale businesses and ERP
- If you meet these criteria and also possess a strategic, analytical mind, we'd like to hear from you.