SmartServ - Finance Manager (3-10 yrs)
Salary Offered : 8-20 LPA
SmartServ (www.smartserv.io) is a product startup from the house of award-winning SaaS business solutions. SmartServ's founding team consists of UW Madison, UC Berkeley alumni with strong-domain knowledge having built top-notch products and implementing them at Fortune 500 companies.
SmartServ is on a mission to build a powerful AI-powered assistant enabling service business' to focus and increase their sales metrics by scoring on lead opportunities which are ideally lost in the field. We are constantly mining recommendations to help service contractors gain efficiency and helping them spend more time in front of customers, not computers. Our customers stay in control of their business and have visibility into the most important data and metrics required and we give them insights to do more.
At SmartServ, we aren't a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue out-of-the-box ideas, think for themselves and make mistakes. We encourage you to challenge our status quo.
We are looking to hire a Finance Manager to work on the company's accounting, financial reporting and compliance functions in a SaaS environment. This resource is expected to support the CFO and the company in a fully distributed team. Reporting to the CFO, he/she will be responsible for directing aspects of the financial operations across the entire organization. The ideal individual will lead and support a culture of collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
He/ She will collaborate across multiple stakeholders and implement best practices in financial planning, budgeting, analysis, strategy, and compliance. This resource will thrive in a culture of accountability and transparency and be highly responsive to the needs of the continually evolving organization. The individual will have exceptional attention to detail, but will also be a strategic thinker, excited by the opportunity to test ideas and lead projects that impact the company.
Your key responsibilities will include :
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, -Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Build and maintain financial models, annual budgets, and rolling forecasts
- Update and track operating indicators and financial metrics
- Prepare variance analyses to identify and explain variances
- Prepare quarterly/annual reporting to shareholders
- Lead ad-hoc strategic projects and special analyses
- Ensure the integrity of internal financial controls
- Define, benchmark, and implement operational best practices
- Manage, and advise on decision making regarding fundraising activities and stock transfers
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and oversee the employee stock option plan matters
- Manage the procurement of vendors and contractors including contract negotiations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversee company legal matters and intellectual property
- Oversee company compliance with HR, tax, laws, and regulatory requirements
Our Ideal candidate will have :
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- CA/MBA or exceptional Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration
- 3-8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with an early-stage SaaS start-up is an advantage
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, complex modelling, budgeting, accounting, and Generally -Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national/international regulations
- Strong excel and software experience (Quickbooks, BI tools, etc)
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Credible track record of meeting tight deadlines with accuracy, integrity, and a sense of calm with ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage priorities, and consistently meet deadlines
- Self-motivated learner who contributes to a culture of excellence and lifts the performance of the entire team
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
If you are excited about?
- The ability to exercise creativity and leadership in your work
- The rare opportunity to join a company at an exciting growth time
- A highly competitive salary and attractive equity grants
- A team of highly selective, ambitious, and innovative co-workers
- A chance to feel passionate about your job and change the course of an entire industry