Singh & Associates - Senior Principal Associate/Partner - Power Sector (6-10 yrs)
Singh & Associates - Senior Principal Associate/Partner - Power Sector
1. Providing legal advice and support on wide range of legal activities relating to Power Sector.
2. Proficient Knowledge of all Acts and legislative policies relating to Power sector.
3. To pro-actively create and maintain awareness of statutory guidelines for (compliance perspective on relevant laws and regulations.
4. Advising on renewable energy/power generation regulatory wrt state electricity regulatory commissions. proper understanding of the main terms and conditions of IPP grants, Joint Bidding Agreements (JBAs), Loan Agreements, Construction and Supply Agreements, EPC Agreements and other typical contracts internationally used by the renewable energy industry
5. Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts including but not limited to those related to renewable energy power generation projects.
6. Ethics to secure compliance and governance services with relevant laws and regulations.
7. To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
8. Ability to perform high-quality work under tight timelines and mitigate if situation so arises.
Required candidate profile :
1. Candidate having hands-on experience from Law Firms would be preferred.
2. Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters relating to Power sector.
3. Experience on managing external legal counsels.
4. Practical knowledge of general business law issues of an independent power producer, including regulatory framework.
5. Proficient in written and oral English communication skills
6. Bring negotiation and drafting skills in business sense to deal with multiple functional