HR at Simplotel
Views:736 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:154
Simplotel - Lead Technical Operations Specialist (4-5 yrs)
Simplotel is a Bangalore-based SaaS startup helping over 2000 hotels across 21 countries grow their direct business. The name Simplotel comes from a combination of Simple and Hotel - our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology.
Our customers are hotels of various sizes. Simplotel is a - Shopify for Hotels-, was founded in October 2013 and is funded by India's largest Online Travel Agency - MakeMyTrip.
Position: Lead Technical Operations Specialist
We are looking for a Lead Technical Operations Specialist to oversee enterprise-level support to our clients (hotels). A suitable candidate needs to have a keen eye for detail, enforce high quality control, work collaboratively with other teams and departments to ensure the smooth functioning of Operations. The candidate will be responsible for work allocation, planning and implementation of effective processes.
- Oversee and handle end-to-end experience of key customers including project management, resource assignment, high quality and timely delivery. Develop and implement strategies that will ensure a positive experience that exceeds the hotel and its guests- expectations
- Develop in depth understanding of all features of all Simplotel products and partner products that we sell, conduct training sessions for large clients to effectively leverage the use of these products
- Handle escalations independently, without the help of seniors. Understand customer asks, communicate workarounds, and convince customers. Troubleshoot complex and unique issues and come up with creative solutions for them.
- Manage vendor tools and relationships. Identify new tools / vendors based on new requirements that might come up from time to time
- Write reasonably complex SQL queries
- Define and drive quality improvement processes. Create task lists, checklists and drive adherence so that the overall quality of the team improves.
- Define a training curriculum and deliver it such that the participants are engaged and retain the knowledge. Define sustainable and scalable processes for complex projects and roll them out
- Resolve most issues within the team and ensure that everyone in the team is heard. Allocate work effectively and oversee completion within deadlines
- BE/BCA or equivalent degree (preferably in computer science, or electronics & communications)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and comfortable using software products
- Through understanding and knowledge of DNS (A, NS, MX records etc.)
- Able to run reasonably complex SQL queries
- Keen eye for detail, ability to implement and oversee strict quality control
- Ability to provide step-by-step guidance, both written and verbal
- Ability to design detailed processes and procedures
- 4-5 years of experience in a client-facing role in a consultation/support function, and (preferably) 1-2 years in a lead position