HR at SVB Global Services India LLP
Views:177 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Silicon Valley Bank - Lead Analyst - Tax (6-9 yrs)
- Prepare worldwide GAAP tax provision (federal and foreign) and ASC 740 accounting, including footnotes, disclosures, permanent/temporary differences, discrete items, rate reconciliation, inventory of deferred assets/liabilities, taxes payable and deferred roll forwards/reconciliations, valuation allowances, tax rates, return-to-provision adjustments, and tax journal entries.
- Prepare tax journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual book close process as well as correlating tax account reconciliations.
- Assist with compliance process for federal, state & local income taxes, including preparation of income tax returns and supporting schedules, quarterly estimated calculations, and drafting responses to tax notices and audits, etc.
- Document and maintain appropriate processes, procedures, systems, controls to ensure accuracy of financial statement tax provisions, disclosures and supporting analysis.
- Prepare tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures with respect to the U.S. and non-U.S. operations.
- Ensure all tax accounts/information is properly reflected in the financial statements, including income taxes payable, deferred assets/liabilities, provision for income taxes (current and deferred provision), tax adjustments in the statement of cash flows and stockholders- equity as well as coordination with the Company's auditors
- Monitor and document the control environment and ensure that all SOX controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively while ensuring no deficiencies from a tax perspective.
- Recognize opportunities within the department to obtain best practices as they relate to accuracy, efficiency and timeliness using technology and assist with implementation
- Support tax audits with respect to U.S. operations and properly responding to all information document requests (IDRs)
- Maintain a coordinated line of communication with commercial business and key company resources in the finance and business organizations as business and tax requirements change and make related recommendations
- Support tax planning and special project work, as needed.
- Assist in the identification of ongoing training and professional development needs of the tax team and other departments on income tax topics where needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 6 years of public accounting or corporate experience in tax accounting and compliance with U.S. federal, state and local jurisdictions
- CA / CPA
- Strong analytical and tax technical skills required
- Strong communication skills
- Ownership of areas of responsibility and accountability in providing accurate and timely deliverables
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ASC 740 income tax accounting is required.
- Ability to write technical memos and prepare presentations that are clear and persuasive, for both tax professionals and business partners
- Ability to clearly articulate expectations and coach/develop senior tax analyst
- Advanced Excel skills preferred. Proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be result-driven, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- Banking industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Fundamental knowledge of OneSource Income Tax essential and Oracle experience preferred, but not required.