VP - HR at Shyam Steel Industries
Views:2888 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Shyam Steel - Head - CS & Legal (15-20 yrs)
Company Name - Shyam Steel Industries Ltd,
Position - CS and Legal Head
- Established in 1953, Shyam Steel Industries Ltd, is one of the leading TMT Bar producer in India, manufacturing TMT Rebar, Billets & Sponge Iron. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe and sustainable steel, it is a pioneer in quality production of steels. Operating with cutting-edge technology in order to meet the stringent requirements of its reputed customers both in India and abroad.Operating for over six decades and now an INR 25 billion group, Shyam Steel has emerged as a large, growing, competitive and multi-product steel organization by delivering quality material through innovation, excellence, and dedication.
- We are among the first company to invest in the most upgraded and advanced international technology of Electric Arc Furnace. Our dedicated pursuit of the latest technology and intensive in-house R&D over the years has made us the one of the most cost-efficient producer of steel in India.
- Shyam Steel's superior design, engineering, and quality manufacturing process provide the ideal strength and flexibility to TMT bar & TMT steel required in today's construction industry.
Job Location - Kolkata (candidate from PAN India will be eligible, only should be open to relocate to Kolkata)
Experience - 15 to 20 years
Desired qualification - CS, LLB
Preferable industry - Manufacturing, Building material, Consumer Durable, Automobiles, Mobile, Hosiery
Key Accountabilities :
- The position would be independently incharge of Secretarial, Corporate Legal and Compliance Function, responsible to protect the company & reputation and compliance risk.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and settling legal and transactional documents & agreements; Preparing Contracts / Agreements. Preparing Manuals / Policy Documents as may be required.
- Coordinate with outside Counsel in case any matters are referred to them. Managing Corporate Law, Secretarial, Corporate Governance & Compliance activities.Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations as well as adherence to internal group policies and procedures. Undertake research activities to provide inputs on legal matters.
- Develop effective relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders, stake holders, clients including international clients, business associates and other function groups.
- Managing secretarial activities such as holding Board and Committee Meetings, insuring agenda and minutes are prepared on time, liasoning with shareholders, directors and regulators.
- Ensuring that the agreements are vetted thoroughly in the interest of the Company and response are given within agreed period. Coordinating with lawyers and counsels for notices, replies, petitions, etc. Keeping track of legal cases and coordinating for hearings.