HR Manager - India at Shelf Drilling
Views:1119 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:179
Shelf Drilling - Team Lead - HR Business Partner (6-12 yrs)
Shelf Drilling (www.shelfdrilling.com) is the world's largest contractor of jack-up rigs. We are incorporated under the laws of the Cayman Islands with Management headquartered in Dubai with rig operations across four core operating regions - Southeast Asia, India, West Africa and MENAM (Middle East, North Africa & Mediterranean). Our strategy is to maintain a sole focus on shallow water drilling services and leverage decades of industry experience and an outstanding track record to provide best-in-class drilling operations for our customers.
The India Division of Shelf Drilling currently operates seven offshore jack-up rigs and is the country's largest service provider in its field. Employing about 750 people, the India Division is the largest single-country operation within Shelf Drilling.
Shelf Drilling strives to be an employer of choice for people interested in the oil & gas industry.
Working under the guidance of the HR Head and with other HR team leads, this position is responsible for supporting the company's initiatives towards building its talent pool through recruitment and talent management. The incumbent in this position will receive an opportunity for development into an HR team leader's role over a mid-term horizon.
Offshore drilling is a niche business, and the HR Specialist will be expected to develop a very deep understanding of drilling operations and the HR function's role in enabling business performance. Competitive advantage in this industry is derived primarily from the quality and cost of people underpinning safety and operational efficiency performance parameters. Shelf Drilling has a clear HR strategy focused on attracting and nurturing the best talent with industry leading programs of training, skills development and careers management.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
Workforce planning, candidate sourcing, screening, assessment, selection & induction. In addition to end-to-end responsibility for hiring for assigned positions, the incumbent will be expected to take on assignments towards:
- Developing channels of recruitment,
- Designing, building and testing processes & tools for candidate assessment
- Campaigns for employer branding and communication with target pools of talent, including campuses
- Programs for targeted hiring from competing organizations
Talent management :
Talent assessment, employee development planning, succession & career planning and training management. The incumbent will be expected to :
- Take end-to-end ownership for training processes. This includes close monitoring and administration of trainings for all offshore crew as per the company's defined position-specific skills matrix
- Run the processes of assessment, feedback, development planning and career progression for top talent
Performance management :
- Work with employees and their supervisors for effective & meaningful performance conversations and documentation of performance assessments
- Use performance data as a base for talent reviews
Employee engagement & relationships management :
- The HR Specialist is required to build rapport and working relationships with employees and supervisors. The incumbent will be expected to engage with crew in formal and informal settings and hold two-way feedback conversations.
Other areas of exposure :
- Compensation, benefits and payroll management
- Personnel administration (HR Operations)
- HR Information Systems development
- Employee relations including disciplinary processes and labor law compliance
Position Title :
HR Supervisor (HR Team Lead)
Grade / Band Supervisor (Team Lead)
INR 15.0 - 25.0 L p.a. + benefits
Education & experience
- Full-time MBA from renowned business school
- 6 -12 years- experience in HR
- Engineering qualification (preferably in Petroleum, Marine or Mechanical engineering) preferred
- Work experience in upstream oil & gas / engineering / marine / manufacturing industry segments
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Verbal fluency in Hindi (while English is the official language of all communication, a large section of offshore crew is more comfortable with every-day conversations in Hindi / national languages)
Work timings, location and Travel requirements
Base location: Powai, Mumbai
Travel once in three months to offshore drilling rigs
8:30 am - 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday with an expectation to work extra hours / days as required
Reports to HR Manager - India,
Closely works with the HR team leads responsible for Workforce Management & Recruitment, Talent Management & Development, and Payroll & Benefits Management
Medical Fitness requirements
The position requires the incumbent to undergo trainings and work on offshore drilling rigs, that require a mandatory level of medical fitness and mental readiness