Head HR at ShadowFax
Views:556 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
ShadowFax - Senior Director/Director - Operations & Strategy - PTL Business (8-10 yrs)
Senior Director/Director - Operations & Strategy - PTL Business
- Shadowfax is India's leading crowdsourced technology based multi category last-mile express logistics platform, where technology is used to drive supply chain solutions, serving 500+ cities. Shadowfax is the first ever B2B platform which provides an array of products and services to serve multiple categories - including food delivery, multi-city fulfilment, express shipping, same day delivery services, reverse logistics, online retail (physical goods e-commerce), Pharma and grocery through a single platform, improving the earnings of delivery partners across the day.
- Shadowfax's services range from providing riders for doing a 30-minute delivery to four-day delivery. The company does not hire a delivery fleet - More than 30k delivery personnel come online daily for a few hours and pay about US$1.5 per hour.
- 5 years into the industry, Shadowfax handles over 500,000 unique orders per day for over 300 clients across 500+ cities. We provide a modular set of e-commerce technologies and logistics solutions to over 7000 pin codes. We are one of the largest logistics partners for Swiggy, Zomato, Flipkart, Bigbasket and the only player providing outsourced Logistics services to O2O Segment.
- Shadowfax has a 80% market share in the outsourced food delivery market and believes it's delivery cost works out lower (vs food delivery players) due to cross-utilization of delivery personnel across different categories and platforms.
- Shadowfax has a US$100 MN annualized revenue run rate currently which it expects to increase to US$400 MN by FY23
- Shadowfax, founded by IIT - Delhi Alumni, Abhishek Bansal, Vaibhav Khandelwal, Praharsh Chandra and Gaurav Jaithliya in 2015. Shadowfax's leadership team combines world-class talent and entrepreneurial experience gathered at some of the best companies in the world. The company is well-funded by marquee investors like Eight roads, Flipkart, IFC(financial arm of World Bank), NGP, Mirae Assets and Qualcomm Ventures.
- Shadowfax is on a mission to connect the next million micro-entrepreneurs and suppliers in logistics and aims to deliver 10 Lakh+ orders per day by 2021.
- If you value autonomy, enjoy challenges and are passionate and believe in getting things done, experienced Human Resource Business Partners who can turn ideas into reality, and fast and can work with minimal supervision come join us.
Working at Shadowfax:
- Shadowfax believes in an open, intellectually honest culture where everyone is given the autonomy to contribute and do their life's best work. As a part of the dynamic team at Shadowfax, you will have a chance to learn new things, solve new problems, build your competence and be a part of an innovative design-and-tech startup that's revolutionizing the logistics industry.
- We Foster a culture that values first principle thinking and problem solving,Impact and encourage constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels
- Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Shadowfax. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each shadowfaxians can thrive and be at their best.
Shadowfax currently operates 6 major sorting centers and 15 minor sorting centers with a cumulative area of 5L sqft under sort centers. As we expand the total sort center to meet future capacity would need another investment of 5L sqft. Shadowfax plans to invest into sorting automation in the current facility with about 25cr investment planned in 6 months. Plan to invest about 100 cr total in 4 years for building state of the art sorting centers across the country.
Currently the sorting centers have a team size of 1500 people spread across the country and would continue expanding as the business grows. The Head would have a direct team of 6-8 senior members.
As a Director - Operations and Strategy You Will :
- Monitor P&L and performance metrics of PTL (part-truck-load) verticals
- Identify best practices through competitive benchmarking and first principle thinking
- Identify short term and long term strategic initiatives to Improve revenues and margins
- Streamline key processes to enhance client, customer and partner experiences
- Work with product, technology and design teams to align key requirements stemming from the strategic plans
- Lead pilots for key initiatives identified & program manage the teams for their execution
- Scale up successful initiatives to large business units with an individual P&L
You Are :
- A natural leader and build relationships quickly.
- Analytical mindset along with strong operational background to ideate new initiatives
- Strong program management to drive execution
- Manage operations as well as analytics team
What to bring:
- Either MBA or undergraduate from a top tier institute (IIMs, ISB, IITs, FMS, NITs etc.)
- Experience in Part Truck Load business with a leading logistics company (preferably in strategy or operations role)
- Priori P&L management experience preferred but not required