Head HR at ShadowFax
Views:355 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
ShadowFax - Manager - Online Reputation Management (6-8 yrs)
The utmost role and responsibility of a reputation manager is to create and maintain a favorable brand image of the company and its products/services. He/She will be in charge of every social media account of the company's brands and monitors how the brands are engaging with the audience. Not just this, ORM also handles what should go out in media about the company and how to handle negative publicity even on the review websites like Glassdoor, Yelp, Google Play, iTunes, etc. A company's reputation depends on the way its customers, employees, and investors view it. One tweet, one Facebook post, and even one review can influence these factors for better or worse. ORM should put forth an image that conveys the message that the company values customer responses. This is achieved by always making sure you reply to the reviews, queries, or complaints that the customer may have.
Customers are sure to research a company before making a purchasing decision and lack of response to negative comments or reviews can make them hesitant. A reputation manager has to deal with such problems and help neutralize any bad reviews or comments. ORM helps build brand loyalty and ultimately raises revenues.
A reputation manager has to help cope with scrutiny by business communities, regulators and corporate governance teams. This can be done by implementing good reputation management practices. ORM Manager is expected to:
- Have an understanding of search engine behavior, social media, forums, blogs, ratings, and reviews, etc. These are considered to be the most important and basic skills of a reputation manager.
- Work towards enhancing and building the organization's reputation by constantly measuring the effectiveness of your strategies.
- Establish policies and procedures, systems and standards that will avoid any negative impacts on the organization. Reaching out to dissatisfied customers is an important procedure to control negative reviews. Moreover, focussing on forums, tweets, images, and writing effective blog posts, or publishing positive reviews is also the responsibility of a reputation manager.
- Be well prepared for taking immediate action when the company's reputation has been tarnished.
- Research online to find out all the negative keywords associated with a brand or individual and publish positive content that can then neutralize the effect of the former.
- Lead the management team in maintaining and improving the company's reputation.
- Handle difficult situations such as internet blackmail and ethical manipulation of search engine results or reviews.
The role would be accountable for:
- Listening and Monitoring across all digital mediums including but not limited to social media pages for the brand, Google Listings, reviews and ratings across directory listening, across news and customer platforms
- escalation and resolution for customer queries in a timely fashion in liaison with functional teams
- Reporting and presenting of ORM issues, problems, and reach in order to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Response tree development and management optimized by learning ver a period of time
- Liaise and work closely with the Social Media Manager
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Analytical Skills
- Team management
- Highly personality; bent of mind
- Liaising and troubleshooting skills
- Problem-solving, with a good network
- Updated on new advertising trends and techniques
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Additional tools like SEO and knowledge in programming will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritize with attention to detail