Recruiter at SG Analytics
Views:1978 Applications:190 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
SG Analytics - Senior Analyst - Equity Research - Japanese Equity Market (3-5 yrs)
Job Title: Senior Analyst
Job Location: Pune
The job requires serving the requirements of our European-based buyside client. Work will involve assignments that facilitate decision making and help the client build the underlying research to take appropriate decisions. Work will also involve liaising with internal stakeholders as well as end client, maintaining clear communication of work, as well as willingness to take on additional tasks.
Geography: Japan equity market experience is mandatory
- Tracking sectors and stocks assigned by client, updating the client with news and events. Sectors could span anywhere from consumer staples to niche technology companies
- Supporting the client analyst/senior analysts on various tasks, which could vary from data gathering, sector database creation and maintenance, stock screening and portfolio tracking, populating data in financial models, preparing sections of reports, ratio calculation and analysis, deep-dive secondary research to populate industry/company presentations, etc.
- Working on various type of assignments, from quick-and-dirty models to sophisticated initiation coverage models, and quarterly reports to sector reports
- Expert in creating fully functional financial models with driver-based forecasting, scenario and sensitivity analysis, GAAP to non-GAAP reconciliations, equity valuations, etc.
- Maintaining a task list of ongoing/pending tasks on a regular basis, and finalizing task priorities with the analyst/senior analyst
- Regularly communicating with the in-house analyst/senior analyst and end-client on project updates and be up-to-date with sector happenings
- Ensuring that the tasks assigned are completed within the deadline, and ensuring top quality output with a thoroughly conducted self-driven quality-check process
- Maintain flexibility to learn new techniques and functionalities, and gain exposure to various types of assignments
Contributing to internal knowledge creation and ad hoc assignments
1) Proficiency in MS-Excel and financial modelling
2) Strong financial, accounting and valuation concepts (DCF, relative, P/E, P/B, industry specific multiples)
3) Proven capabilities in deep-dive secondary research and detailed report writing
4) Ability to adapt depending on client requirements
5) Strong team player and willingness to take on challenges
MBA (Finance specialization), CFA L-1
CA, CFA charter holder, FRM