Sentieo - Senior Business Analyst (2-5 yrs)
Sentieo is the equity research platform of the 21st century. Built by former hedge fund analysts, our platform overlays cutting-edge search, collaboration, and visualization tools on financial data sets allowing our clients to supercharge their research process.
You will be responsible for working with various teams across Sales, Marketing and Product and helping them with their business problems. You will be expected to understand the problem, form a hypothesis and validate those using data. However, unlike in consulting, the buck doesn't stop there. You will be expected to craft a solution and implement it as well.
The kind of problems you will be expected to solve:
1. What types of customers have the highest conversion rate
2. Which features in the product are used the most
3. What customers are at risk of churn due to low feature usage
4. How do we define and find sticky features
5. What attributes cause salespeople to have greater success in closing a deal.
This is an excellent role for someone who later wants to transition into a Product Management or Marketing or a pure-play Analytics role.
- Ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones.
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders and adapting to competing demands.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during the QA process; Assess business process and system inefficiencies.
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university, BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Math a plus.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience either in Consulting or Analytics - Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Strong project management and excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in one of these is a must: SQL, Microsoft Excel, Python, R
- Humility (this is one of our core values, check your ego at the door)
- Willingness to get your hands dirty (this role runs the gamut and you will be working on everything and anything to improve the business)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.