COO & Co-Founder at SeniorWorld
Views:571 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Seniorworld - Vice President - Engineering & Technology (10-15 yrs)
Innovative. Entrepreneurial. Passionate. If these are words you would use to describe yourself, then the SeniorWorld team is a great fit for you. We are looking for a senior leader with a passion for Customer and technology. You will lead Product Engineering & Technological Vertical for us and will be responsible for helping us launch our product and Services portfolio and most of them would be " Things Never Done Before" . These Products would be build for Global markets and needs to be designed keeping that in mind. You will also be a key member of the leadership team, with aspirations to build a company, and creating impacting life of many elderly people across the globe positively.
Qualities you must possess :
Thinking outside the box : This is important because technologies are constantly evolving, so the you must excel at finding new and better solutions and see how the product will evolve in the long run.
Challenging the conventional wisdom : You should be able to rattle the status quo, take leadership, and see beyond traditional approaches.
Moving decisively towards business goals : Results-driven by nature, as Tech Leader you must be a flawless executor with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Flexibility : Although a Tech Leaders may have some kind of technology - hunch,- the future may unfold in an unpredictable way. Developing an adjustable approach to any situation is one of the things that make a great Tech Leader.
Your main Responsibilities would be :
Shaping technology vision :
- After analyzing business goals, you must develop a technical strategy for the company. This step requires collaboration with co-founders in order to align the strategy with the business vision. To shape the vision, you need to combine the best of two worlds: technical skills and business acumen.
Building an MVP :
You will be responsible for creating an MVP that can be to gain real-time user feedback as fast as possible. You will be responsible for a series of product iterations and will be accountable for the quality of the final product.
Tech stack :
Basing on technical and commercial properties, you will suggest likely technical platforms to use on the project. The solution requires such considerations as the number of developers available, the cost of developers, the cost of the framework, deployment time, security, community support, and fitting for business vision.
Updating architecture :
In the early stages, the app's architecture will be resting on your shoulders After creating the first versions of a product, there might be a point when an update of architecture is sorely needed. That said, you need to handle the improvement process personally .
Team & Partners :
Startups usually do with small team to begin with. Outsourcing Tech task is one of the best way without adding overheads to your balance sheet. You will be responsible for finding right partners on task basis and ensure the quality of task does not get compromised in this journey. You will be also required to build our tech team logically as per requirements and growth.
We are looking for the following competencies and qualifications in a candidate :
- 10+ years of professional technology experience
- Must have experience throughout the product life cycle, from initial design to final product delivery.
- Successful experience with developing B2C products from concept to in-market launch.
- Experience developing Products ( App, Telecom, IOT, AI )
- Comfortable with product development methodology ( Agile etc )
- Significant mobile/web architecture experience with proven in market deployment experience and maintenance
- A proven track record of leadership in areas of technology and product
- A proven track record of getting things done in a outsource model rather your own team
- Automate : A vision for applying software engineering skills and experiences to automate all aspects of the operational delivery and management process from build/test/deploy, monitoring and alerting, to automatic failover and capacity management.
- Cool, Calm, Collected : Ability to make rational, data-driven decisions under pressure while maintaining a calm and confidence-inspiring demeanour.
- Security Focused : We work in a regulated and environment, and security is paramount to us and also our users, examples where you have built highly secure consumer platforms will be highly advantageous
- Customer-obsessed product focus : You take pride in building an elegant and beautiful product. You never rest until what you create is truly blows away the customers.
- Problem solver : You excel at understanding and solving complex problems. You have astonishing attention to detail.
- Quality communicator : You can confidently break down tricky topics in writing and in person.
- Leadership : You will rapidly grow into a company leader. You will build company culture and help shape our future.
Educational Qualification :
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field from Premium Institutes
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus