Senior Recruitment Manager at Levrara Consulting Group
Views:551 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Senior Vice President - Regulatory Liaison - Bank (15-25 yrs)
One of our Universal Bank clients is looking for a SVP level Head of Regulatory Liaison
The right candidate will have 15 years plus compliance experience in the Banking sector and specifically will have strong experience of handling regulatory liaison with Indian regulatory authorities on behalf of the Indian business side of a bank.
This is an exciting but niche role demanding a specific skillset .
Only those with the specific experience described need apply.
- Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for the APAC Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)'s Exam Management and Regulatory Liaison Office responsible for the promotion, support, monitoring and reporting on Client- s's interactions with its regulators, including queries arising in the normal course of business outside of specific examinations, and will manage supervisory examinations in the APAC Region.
Key Activities include :
- Executing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and designing and delivering a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner in developing and applying CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Client's program framework.
- Coordinating interactions with regulators, including but not limited to: assisting in providing oversight for supervisory examinations and be a central contact for regulators; coordinating and managing events related to examinations and continuous monitoring, including working with businesses and functions in negotiating scope and timing of reviews, monitoring requested data aggregation and coordinating and attending regulatory meetings with control functions and business unit personnel; and collaborating with Business Heads to provide guidance on regulatory matters and continually enhancing the framework to identify, assess, control, and monitor regulatory communication.
- Providing strategic advice and regular updates to management (including prepare business personnel for meetings with regulators) regarding the matters being handled, including, but not limited to, collection, tracking and resolution of queries, review with the area under examination the materials requested to ensure completeness and responsiveness of submissions, and the timely escalation and resolution of potential issues.
- Communicating extensively (orally and in writing) and developing effective relationships with regulators.
- Establishing and developing effective relationships in APAC region with Client's senior management, front line, second line (including independent risk) finance, HR, Legal and Internal Audit to obtain information / documentation to respond to regulatory requests proactively and on time with quality. Specific concentration of efforts will be in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Identifying mitigating facts and circumstances (as applicable) to respond to potential issues identified during the examination, pre-exam sessions and post exam sessions.
- Monitoring the full lifecycle of identified regulatory issues ensuring that concerns are communicated, assigned responsibility, and tracked to resolution.
- Maintaining the centralized repository where documents are stored and previous regulatory and supervisory findings, reports and similar documents.
- Stewarding the drafting of the firm's Response Letters and coordinating involvement of relevant internal stakeholders such as Technology and Internal Audit on the development of Corrective Action Plans and associated target dates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
Education level and/or relevant experience(s) Required :
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Knowledge and skills (general and technical) Required :
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Significant Experience with or previous exposure to internal control functions and regulators within the region, and in particular banking regulators
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.